3 Week DeVry Reflection

Rally Pat

I like it so far, lots of hot girls (contrary to what everyone told me), many of them in CIS and NSA/NCM, but most are there for nursing. I have easy classes and hard classes, and I have all professors who I understand (I seem to have dodged all of the foreign guys) and I like all of them. They all seem to have a good sense of humor, while taking their subject seriously. Of course, it is still just the first trimester, and I could still leave, but I will most likely end up staying for a second.

The people around me that seem to dislike the place are the "hardcore partier" crowd, all the guys that walk in and smell like cigarettes and beer. All the nerds like me seem to be enjoying it. Networking has also been an enjoyable experience so far, and we just did some DOS networking, something that I have always wanted to learn how to do.

I learned a lot about computers and networking while I was at DeVry for my freshman year, enjoyed some of my professors, and had some fun with some select students while there, but I still disliked the school. I guess it was because I had a bubbler and a flask in my backpack everyday.

Your lucky enough to come in after the nursing school opened. Prior to that, huge nerd sausage fest. The only bangin chicks there were the chicks in admission, and there are a few smokin ones in there. The sucker you in w/ their hotness only to stick you in school with 99.9% dudes that couldn't score with them if they had GHB.

Your lucky enough to come in after the nursing school opened. Prior to that, huge nerd sausage fest. The only bangin chicks there were the chicks in admission, and there are a few smokin ones in there. The sucker you in w/ their hotness only to stick you in school with 99.9% dudes that couldn't score with them if they had GHB.

lol so true.

There were about 4 pretty girls in my freshman class.

Im about to graduate from there. I hate it. I hate all nerds there laughing about cartoons and WOW. I have not learned one thing in 3 years but thats OK with me cause I dont do shit and will get a degree. Its amazing how many girls came to the nursing school I feel very very sorry for them. The admissions girls though are dimes.

I am one that fits in the "party crowd" but I have met a good group of friends that are actually normal and not idiots. I am happy with my overall experience though with DeVry. The school is fast paced and kept me on track. If I went to Miami/OU or OSU like I was planning on I dont think I would have graduated because when I was first in college I was not nearly as mature as I am now.

What program are you in? I graduated from NSA and I am going to graduate from NCM in Feb or May.

I always hear people say they hated it but honestly when I went there from 97-00 I liked it, granted it wasn't your typical college situation but still I liked it. I loved being done in 3 yrs as opposed to 4. I liked the small classes and the friends I had and still have from there.

I'd go back and I'd encourage someone who asked me what I thought of it to go. I guess like people say its either a love it or hate it school. You also have to be prepared to not have the typical college experience but with OSU so close you could still have that experience if you so desired.

DOS networking, as in Disk Operating System? Or Denial of Service? Will you learn anything about technology that is currently used?

LOL, I was just going to post this same thing. WTF are they teaching ?

At least when he graduates he'll be able to network windows 95. Then he has to go back for his masters to learn 98 -Xp.

Knowing the past points to the future, I just hope you learn some current technology. I am not just some observer here, I am a WiFi trainer for a silicon valley tech company.

I learned C# instead of cobol in the EET program (that was in 04-05). If they keep the structure up like they did for us, it should be an up to date program.

The school is what you make it. Spend LOTS of time in the lab. The labs they give tend to be cookie cutter, so you need to think and play out side the box.

Stick to it and try to apply what you learn.

The one thing I really enjoyed from DeVry is the programming. I hated Java development until I took a Java class. I passed with a 61% because I had no clue what I'm doing. Now I love the language. I've been applying for positions left and right and hopefully I'll get one soon enough.

For EET/CET students, the Senior Project can be interesting. Since we are engineers, you can do your project on whatever you want. My roomate was in CIS and her group had to do projects for other companies. That would have sucked. We get to make fun stuff. I started building a extra injector controller with a programmable interface, but I started my project in an online class and worked alone. Once I started taking the Senior Project class, I was told I had to work in a group. We're now designing a touchscreen system in a car with a Java application that will pull music library information from a remote SQL database and allow the users to create playlists within the touchscreen and stream the music using a wireless connection or using a cell phone Internet connection.

The one thing I really enjoyed from DeVry is the programming. I hated Java development until I took a Java class. I passed with a 61% because I had no clue what I'm doing. Now I love the language. I've been applying for positions left and right and hopefully I'll get one soon enough.

For EET/CET students, the Senior Project can be interesting. Since we are engineers, you can do your project on whatever you want. My roomate was in CIS and her group had to do projects for other companies. That would have sucked. We get to make fun stuff. I started building a extra injector controller with a programmable interface, but I started my project in an online class and worked alone. Once I started taking the Senior Project class, I was told I had to work in a group. We're now designing a touchscreen system in a car with a Java application that will pull music library information from a remote SQL database and allow the users to create playlists within the touchscreen and stream the music using a wireless connection or using a cell phone Internet connection.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. DeVry gives you two sticks, you have to make fire (not literally...but it happens sometimes)