Anyone know about office copiers?

HAOLE

I hate to buy anything new and that goes for copiers. They are so expensive! The last one I bought on ebay abut 2 1/2 years ago for $300 is starting to give out and it is time for a new one. I am looking at this one on ebay click

What do you think?

Never bought anything from these guys, but they are in Hilliard and have been around a while. They sell a lot of printers, copiers, other random office equipment, and charge a few bucks for local pickup.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dotcomliquidations

Just a thought if you are trying to avoid paying for freight.

Im sure that copier does more then you need. I used to have 3 Ricoh's very nice copiers and printers. Just buy new and write it off.

A new one is about 7k... I like to pay about 300-400 for them then use them for two years and throw them away when I am done.

I just saw this, basically its got 700,000 to 1,000,000 copies on it from the description and for that model its about half way through its life. I still wouldn't expect any serious problems with it since we have them run up near 2 million before we normally take them out of service. It could easily need a PM done and the parts alone would run you probably 900 bucks to get it into top shape.

BTW thats a very good copier model. Probably my favorite box since DFAS has over 75 of them and they all make me lots'o'money.

I'm not sure how many copies you do in a month, but for most small businesses that is a very big copier and could easily go 5 more years.

Evan

BTW thats a very good copier model. Probably my favorite box since DFAS has over 75 of them and they all make me lots'o'money.

Evan

you need to work faster

HAHA. I used to sell Ricoh copiers.

The 1035 is a tank, and does everything you could want it to. Is it just you in your practice? Do you know what kind of volume you do? I've seen that model support a 3-lawyer office pretty easily and it doubled as their printer. Try to find out if they've done any maintenance recently as parts can get expensive. You could always buy it, and call up a local vendor and ask them about a maintenance contract as well.

HAHA. I used to sell Ricoh copiers.

The 1035 is a tank, and does everything you could want it to. Is it just you in your practice? Do you know what kind of volume you do? I've seen that model support a 3-lawyer office pretty easily and it doubled as their printer. Try to find out if they've done any maintenance recently as parts can get expensive. You could always buy it, and call up a local vendor and ask them about a maintenance contract as well.

I hope it is s good copier.. I bought it on e-bay and I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I see that it has an MT business tech sticker on it, they service out machine now.

I am just going to use it in our office I run a about 5-7000 copies per month, not a lot.

Do you think I can get it into my Suburban?

Depends on how creative you get...haha. You'll definately have to take off the finisher from the left side of the machine. Take some hand tools, I'm pretty sure it's just screws that hold it on though. Hopefully it'll fit laying on its back without the finisher on.

I've never tried to pick one up, but I'm guessing it's probably a couple hundred pounds, and that 2 people should be able to lift it into a truck, but wouldn't want to be carrying it around much.

Sorry I don't have a more exact answer for you.

Edit: Make sure you take out the toner before putting it into your suburban and put it in a plastic bag. Also take a one of those air-spray-bottles to spray out any loose toner as well. Once that stuff gets on anything it's VERY hard to get out, and if it gets on your clothes forget about them...they're now for working on your car.

Depends on how creative you get...haha. You'll definately have to take off the finisher from the left side of the machine. Take some hand tools, I'm pretty sure it's just screws that hold it on though. Hopefully it'll fit laying on its back without the finisher on.

I've never tried to pick one up, but I'm guessing it's probably a couple hundred pounds, and that 2 people should be able to lift it into a truck, but wouldn't want to be carrying it around much.

Sorry I don't have a more exact answer for you.

Edit: Make sure you take out the toner before putting it into your suburban and put it in a plastic bag. Also take a one of those air-spray-bottles to spray out any loose toner as well. Once that stuff gets on anything it's VERY hard to get out, and if it gets on your clothes forget about them...they're now for working on your car.

Thanks for the help...

The last copier I picked up I had to disassemble to get it in the truck. I will take my trailer just in case.

Yeah the finisher is pretty easy to remove. I'd probably leave it attached since its the small one and I'd only transport the copier upright. Simply taking out the toner on that model won't do anything to keep it safe and clean. The drum and developer units have toner in them as well. That model will have 2 pull out handles on each side of it and can be lifted by two guys in good shape. I'm pretty sure its over 300 pounds.

I work for MT Business Technologies now and I can tell you that us and Com Doc the best in the business. I guess IKON has been better in the past and between Gordon Flesh, Com Doc and MT we have all but ran them out of Ohio. They just don't service machines well and thats not smart in our business. We follow the maint schedules to the letter at my office. Our corp office up at mansfield http://www.mtbt.com sells used stuff sometimes. Not sure how much, but I know I can usually buy them for the wholesale price or if there really out dated I can get them for scrap price.

Evan

Yeah the finisher is pretty easy to remove. I'd probably leave it attached since its the small one and I'd only transport the copier upright. Simply taking out the toner on that model won't do anything to keep it safe and clean. The drum and developer units have toner in them as well. That model will have 2 pull out handles on each side of it and can be lifted by two guys in good shape. I'm pretty sure its over 300 pounds.

I work for MT Business Technologies now and I can tell you that us and Com Doc the best in the business. I guess IKON has been better in the past and between Gordon Flesh, Com Doc and MT we have all but ran them out of Ohio. They just don't service machines well and thats not smart in our business. We follow the maint schedules to the letter at my office. Our corp office up at mansfield http://www.mtbt.com sells used stuff sometimes. Not sure how much, but I know I can usually buy them for the wholesale price or if there really out dated I can get them for scrap price.

Evan

Dose the bottom stand come off the unit?

Yeap. Its a storage cabinet. There are a few additional tray options you can get in place of it.

1 3000 sheet tray or 2 500 sheet trays. With the 2 500 sheet trays you can also get an additional 1500 sheet bank that attaches to the right side. I'd look around for those on ebay as well since they are very nice additions.

Evan