Free half-puppy, needs to go soon!

MrMeanGreen

Here's the deal, she's eight months old and is like still kinda puppy and almost adult dog. I posted earlier this year about getting her as a companion for my wife and our Husky, and well, it's not working out.

She's getting the shit kicked outta her by the Husky. Bad.

Her name is Migloo, and she's part Red/Arctic Timberwolf and part Siberian Husky. She's not wild at all, not in the least. She's the more passive of the two dogs, hence one of the reasons we're getting rid of her. The other reason is that she needs more room to run around outside, more land, more acreage, etc.

She is a very loving dog, gets along with cats, dogs (hence why she won't fight back and gets owned), small children (mine are four and seven), bigger kids, adults, everyone. Ask anyone who has been to my house, this dog is the sweetest, loving dog you'll find. Anywhere.

Unfortunately for her, the Husky came first, and is the one we're gonna keep. But we don't wanna see Migloo go to a shelter, pound, someone who doesn't care, etc. Especially because of how she looks, someone might try to take advantage of her and dog fight her or something retarded, whatever. But she has to go soon, because the other one has decided to take "ownership" of this family and they can't be around each other, it's pretty cut and dried.

Migloo is almost nine months old now, has all records and shots, is registered and licensed (as a Husky-mix), and will come with some toys, a leash, collar, the usual. We really hate to do this, but she's a badass dog and cannot be just tossed to someone or somewhere that will not respect her nor be subjected to a pissed off Husky. She currently has some stitches on the top of her head and near one of her eyes from today's incident that brought me home from the field and lead to this topic. She's also sporting a radar dish. A nice, fenced in yard with some decent size area to run around in) would be a minimum.

Migloo knows fetch, sit, stay, lay down, go to bed, come, and some other tricks my wife taught her. Again, she's smart as hell and very loving. This is a perfect family dog, and she has no problems with other animals or people, just make sure the other animals have no problems with her.

http://www.cr-h.net/pics/migloo/migloo.jpg

That was taken in late May, she's a bit bigger, but looks generally the same with some more red that came through. We need to find someone ASAP, pleae. Thanks.

i love wild dog mixes. my uncle's got a German Shepherd/Coyote mix and he is a very sweet dog, albeit humungous (i'm 6'3" and he can put his paws over my shoulders and lick my face). They live in Berkeley, CA which has no room, but they have property up in the mountains that they take him to where has like 300 acres of wilderness to fuck around in.

You have that cat, you can deal with the dog. It's not the yard, it's the cat you have to worry about, Eric :D

It'd be the pair. ;) Our cat has lost his balls, litteraly and figuratively. If we did it, we'd have to do a "test drive" for a week or two. What/how much does she eat? Piss/poo trained?

Trouble is, I know getting another mammal would be dumb of us. Plus, we rent a duplex. A large fenced in yard isn't doable. :(

She's about 35-40lbs now and is about done growing. She may hit 50lbs tops. She goes through about 4-5 cups a day of food.

Lemme reiterate a previous statement about her commands.

She knows:

Fetch - She'll play fetch, she doesn't actually know the command. You throw a stick or a ball, she'll bring it back and drop it at your feet most of the time.

Sit - She sits.

Stay - Still in training, but does well when food is being rewarded or held and will usually stay in place.

Lay down - Still in training, again does well with food. You point the finger down and give the command and she usually will lay down if a reward is offered.

Go to bed - She goes to her cage.

Come - "Migloo come" or Migloo, come here" and she'll come to you.

My wife has her and the Husky trained to when they hear the latch on the back door click, they go right to their cage for the night. It's little tricks like that they're attuned to.

I made a specific trip home last night after what happened, and the Husky repeatedly had to be kept away from her. The ferocity was something I'd never seen, and it cannot be tolerated. Migloo unfortunately has to go very soon, so if you or someone you know can take her, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Guest hotrodmama024
I thought you were giving her back to the lady that had her? You know me and Jessica dont want just anyone on here taking her. She isnt just some charity get rid of her now case. Make sure she is going to a good home damnit!

If I wasn't all the way out here I would heavily consider it, I have about 20 acres of roaming room for her. Shame I did not live any closer, it has always been a dream of mine to have a wolf/husky mix. Good luck and hopefully you will find a good home for her.

oh btw is Migloo on a food diet of any source i.e what type of dog food does she eat, like brand, and have you expiermented with different types of food or has she been raised on one type of dog food