A very challenging game

El Karacho1647545492

No, this isn't a link to some stupid online game where you shoot kittens or molest teenagers or play tetris. This is a game I made up out of boredom and inspiration.

Here's the only link you need: www.imdb.com

The idea: Take two completely random actors/actresses and try to get from one to the other's site. For instance, I could pick two people who have never been in a movie together, such as Ashton Kutcher and Judy Dench, and attempt to get from one's site to the other only by clicking names and movies. No back button, no search, no outside help. You can use directors, writers, producers, actors, extras, movie titles, video games, whatever appears on the site itself (none of the 250 best movies or whatever, thats cheating). Here's some fun pairings to start you up:

Taye Diggs ---> Tim Allen (hint: Lightyear)

Joan Cusack ---> Cedric Yarborough

Carlos Alazraqui ---> Paul Newman

Jake Gyllenhaal ---> Charlie Chaplin (my friend came up with this one, its actually incredibly easy if you know where to look...hint: biopics are a good way to go from a contemporary era to a historic actor)

Dakota Fanning ---> Janet Lee

Alfred Hitchcock ---> Perry Reeves

I haven't done all of the above, but if you want to try one I know to be very very difficult: Randy Quaid ---> Sammy Davis, Jr.

Example:

Yesterday I went from Ashley Judd to Gary Busey. Here's how it ended up going: Ashley Judd --> High Crimes (2002) --> Morgan Freeman --> Glory (1989) --> Denzel Washington --> John Q (2002) --> Kevin Connolly --> Entourage --> Gary Busey

This is seriously a really fun game, and it is fucking great to help your mental movie trivia database.

Carlos Alazraqui --> Happy Feet --> Nicole Kidman --> Eyes Wide Shut --> Tom Cruise --> Color of Money --> Paul Newman

Dakota Fanning --> The Dreamer --> Kurt Russell --> Tango and Cash --> Sylvester Stallone --> Rocky --> Carl Weathers --> Predator --> Arnold Schwartzenegger --> True Lies --> Jamie Lee Curtis --> Halloween H20 --> Janet Lee

Sammy Davis Jr. --> Cannonball Run --> Peter Fonda --> Ghost Rider --> Eva Mendez --> Hitch --> Will Smith --> Independence Day --> Randy Quaid

Keep'em coming and just so you know we (my brother was helping me and he is 03SRT-4) only needed a few look up from IMDB to get an idea . . for example I didn't know off hand movies with Sammy Davis Jr.

If anyone can get these actors connected in fewer links please do so and post because I am curious.

Guest 03SRT-4
Perry Reeves -> "old school" -> Luke Wilson ->"Legally Blond"-> Reese Witherspoon -> "Cruel Intentions" ->Christina Baranski -> "Bullworth" -> Warren Beatty -> "Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest"

Just to illustrate how many alternate routes might be taken in a game like this, here are the two ways I got the "answer" to Harvey Kietel and Michael Caine.

Harvey Kietel --> National Treasure --> Nicholas Cage --> Ghost Rider --> Wes Bentley (Had to look up his name, but I already knew who he was) --> American Beauty --> Kevin Spacey --> Negotiator --> Samuel L. Jackson --> Star Wars --> Liam Neeson --> Batman Begins --> Michael Caine

Then later, I was reminded that Harvey Kietel was in Pulp Fiction (I did that last one entirely in my head), which cut out the entire first half of my previous link setup.

Harvey Kietel --> Pulp Fiction --> Samuel L. Jackson --> Star Wars --> Liam Neeson --> Batman Begins --> Michael Caine.

Now for your enjoyment, I came up with a few that I did work out, but I'm curious as to how you will get to them. I did all of these in my head, then my bro (03SRT-4) did them better in his head. You can use whatever you'd like.

Martin Lawrence --> Jessica Biel.............(Me:4----My Bro:2)

Steven Seagall --> Phillip Seymour Hoffman.......(Me:6----My Bro:3)

Bruce Willis --> Burt Reynolds.............(Me:2----My Bro:1)

Jean Claude Van Dam --> Haley Joel Osmet.......(Me:3----My Bro:2 using IMDB)

Just for reference, the total links can be defined as actors in between the start and goal actors. For example, the second Kietel/Caine setup had two links - Jackson and Neeson.