My new toy.

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf
Guest 00Smurf
Guest 00Smurf
If you look carefully you can get a whole brand new truck 6.0L long block with accessories too for like 3k, you can buy a rebuilt t56 for like 1600 I believe. It is an iron block though but there is only 65 lbs difference and you can make over 500whp with the 6.0L That is your way to go with the ls1. Or you can buy the block for like 300 bucks and get a 408 rotating assembly for like 1600 and then get the l92 heads from GM for like 800 bucks a piece assembled. People will probably argue about the iron block but 65 pounds isn't gonna make me complain.

any more info on this? I'd like to keep the 5spd, so i wouldn't need the tranny.

What cars other than camaro/corvette had the ls1/lt1 in them?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39961

Like Nitrousbird said, this is an iron head LT1. The F Body's all came with aluminum, which are lighter and flow better. Later C4 Vette's came with LT1's, but you probably won't be finding those in the junkyards. Many mid-90's GM big body RWD cars came with the iron head LT1's, and if you are planning on building the engine up at all, there is nothing wrong with getting one of these and upgrading the heads, along with doing the same stuff you would do to one out of an f body.

As for LSx motors, there are MANY variants of them, most of which are truck motors. For the price of one of these, you could have a nicely built LT1.

The LS1 and LT1 do not share bellhousings. The T56 transmissions are not interchangeable between the two, so be sure of what you are buying. The LT1 does share the boltpattern of the SBC family of engines, as well as the 4.3, and is a stronger trans than the newer T56.

don't piss off the rotary fans, they can be very helpful and they may be interested in some of the parts you will not need.

hahaha this made me laugh

to the original poster, i think youll find that most rotary owners wont hate you for doing what you do as long as you a) do a good job and b) aren't a dick. its pretty simple, tinman is living proof. good luck with the project whichever route you decide to go.