JPMorgan Chase

TheHaze

yep...ive worked with a couple people who worked there, and i heard it is VERY strict. probably why they are such a large company

although, i will say, my best friend from HS's fiance works there, i believe he does card retention (sp? when someone wants to cancel a card, he gets them to keep it), and he was telling me he claimed something like 42k in his first 8 months for the 2006 year.

I work there as well. I have contacts in almost every department of Chase. Which department/position are you interviewing for? Do you know who you are interviewing with? If so I could get you a little backround on the position as well as the person from HR if possible.

the worst part about my job is 0% gamers as they are called jump form card to card never paying intrest hardest acct to save from closing cuz they think intrest is evil

and women who dont listen to anythign you have to say you could tell them if you close this acct the devil will win and we will all go to hell and they flip ther page on the red book in front of them and say oh yea thats ok "is my acct closed now"

of whne chase deems an acct non-profitable and you cant reset a rate ( that was lost due to a late payment cuz chase changed thier grace period from 25 to 20 days so ther due date is 5 days earlier) just to make them go late and get maybe 100 more dollars out of this cardmember

no chase isnt evil all card companys do this (except amex) amex will suck your dick to make you happy they ttreat joe 18yr old just like donald trump they have the best customer service int he biz

I work there as well. I have contacts in almost every department of Chase. Which department/position are you interviewing for? Do you know who you are interviewing with? If so I could get you a little backround on the position as well as the person from HR if possible.

I'm interviewing for the Operations Processing Administrator position at the Westerville location. I'd like to know more about that job and what the interview process is like. I believer the interviewer's name is Craig S. but I wasn't given his full last name.

I'm interviewing for the Operations Processing Administrator position at the Westerville location. I'd like to know more about that job and what the interview process is like. I believer the interviewer's name is Craig S. but I wasn't given his full last name.

ull sit behind a computer all day and watch to see if people are on the phone if not you go tell them to get on the phone (micro manager)

My hubby works there, in teh home finance building near easton.

so does my wife, but right now she is the lead on a new project, and has to travel between Easton and Dublin all the damn time, until the project is over

I've been there for 5 years. I was at Polaris doing Desktop support (that sucked) and now I moved over to 350 Cleveland ave. doing branch support. Much better job.

It REALLY depends on where you work and who your boss(es) are. When I was at Polaris is was completely different than what I'm doing now at the Cleveland ave. The people I work with rock and it makes day to day work so much better. Hell, my boss is on here and I had him go up to Norwalk earlier this year when CR rented out the track :).

They should have told you what the job entailed when HR called you to set up the interview. If not, just ask the people interviewing you what is expected of you in your job.

I used to work for a bank. Lets compare my current job with my job when I was at the bank.

At the bank I had to wear pretty nice clothing even though I spent most of the day under desks unplugging/plugging in computers.

Currently, I only wear nice clothing when I am in front of customers I typically get upgraded to first class on flights wearing flip-flops and cut-offs.

At the bank I had to work trouble tickets for computer and networking problems.

Currently I buy airline tickets to places like Dublin Ireland and London England.

At the bank we played Euchre at lunch.

Currently I can drink a beer and play Ms. Pacman or Pinball in the conference room.

Basically you need to know that banks attempt to be all professional in every job no matter where you are in the company, nice appearance is a must at all times. Also, having fun at work is frowned upon.

I used to work for a bank. Lets compare my current job with my job when I was at the bank.

At the bank I had to wear pretty nice clothing even though I spent most of the day under desks unplugging/plugging in computers.

Currently, I only wear nice clothing when I am in front of customers I typically get upgraded to first class on flights wearing flip-flops and cut-offs.

At the bank I had to work trouble tickets for computer and networking problems.

Currently I buy airline tickets to places like Dublin Ireland and London England.

At the bank we played Euchre at lunch.

Currently I can drink a beer and play Ms. Pacman or Pinball in the conference room.

Basically you need to know that banks attempt to be all professional in every job no matter where you are in the company, nice appearance is a must at all times. Also, having fun at work is frowned upon.

where the hell do you work?

My roommate works there and makes damn good money. His position requires some on-call on occasion and some evening work once in a while but it's all stuff he can do from home. He does something with server maintenance for the Chase.com site I think.

short buzzed hair and always very up beat??? kinda squinty eyes

I dont know about him being "up beat", as i dont really see him and my old friend much anymore, but yes, short buzzed hair, bigger guy, but not fat...has 2 young kids and is getting married next month i believe

ive known his finace since ~1st grade and went to HS with him for 4 years

It REALLY depends on where you work and who your boss(es) are. When I was at Polaris is was completely different than what I'm doing now at the Cleveland ave.

This is by far the best advice I've heard in this thread so far. Working for Chase really isn't all that bad, it just depends what your boss is like, but working for the company itself isn't bad. Though I wouldn't want to work at Polaris, 8k+ people in one building, way more AVP's and VP's around than anyone else so everyone has a power trip. Plus its business atire, both westerville location's are business casual, easton is business atire too I think.

I work in operation's in westerville. Operation's can sometime's mean your running a mail sorter, or the print shop downstairs, or sitting in a cube all day checking file transfer's and doing customer service work. Operations Processing Administrator is a really broad term to specify which job their offering you.

You won't neccessarily sit behind a desk all day watching to see who's on the phone and who's not, that's more call center type work. What's the name of the department your going for? I know there are some opening's in my department. What specific location is the job/intereview at? Brooksedge or McCoy (both are in westerville)?

The building is on 370 Cleveland Avenue. The job is here:

COLUMBUS REGIONAL LOCKBOX is a check-processing center where payments made to a company are intercepted through the use of a post office box and unique zip code. These checks are processed by Lockbox employees and deposited directly to the Business account with the receivable and or invoice information forwarded to the Business. Lockbox provides a high quality product at competitive pricing. This service reduces other Business "back office" expenses; decreases mail time in receiving payments and increases their funds availability allowing them to invest quickly.

This is by far the best advice I've heard in this thread so far. Working for Chase really isn't all that bad, it just depends what your boss is like, but working for the company itself isn't bad. Though I wouldn't want to work at Polaris, 8k+ people in one building, way more AVP's and VP's around than anyone else so everyone has a power trip. Plus its business atire, both westerville location's are business casual, easton is business atire too I think.

I work in operation's in westerville. Operation's can sometime's mean your running a mail sorter, or the print shop downstairs, or sitting in a cube all day checking file transfer's and doing customer service work. Operations Processing Administrator is a really broad term to specify which job their offering you.

You won't neccessarily sit behind a desk all day watching to see who's on the phone and who's not, that's more call center type work. What's the name of the department your going for? I know there are some opening's in my department. What specific location is the job/intereview at? Brooksedge or McCoy (both are in westerville)?

I think Polaris is about 10k people now. I think they already emptied the freakin' ponds out front and are going to be putting more parking there (great.. walk an EXTRA mile to get to your desk rather than just .5 miles.. lol).

Where are you at? hit me up on Sametime. F002195 :).

Btw, I was driving behind Jen today on 270 when you got off at State St. :).