Got a little story for everyone...

6 Speed S4

I understand that you might have to make adjustments or changes on what you buy, but based on what is being described it just sounds to me like he got into somthing over his head and made up a BS story to compensate for his mistake. He tried plan "A" which is to try and scare the seller into buying it back and it didn't work. So now he is on plan "B" which is to try and re sell the turbo again for more than he paid on another website.

Again i am ASSUMING because i am not a mind reader by any means.

Thats what I'm saying basically.

FYI, in the future, when you sell anything automotive related, write up a receipt. Make two copies and you both sign them along with your printed names. The receipt should state that you are selling X as is, with no warranty. So if the buyer decides to bring the law into that sale, at least you have your copy of the receipt backing up the transaction. I've done that with just about every car I've ever sold. I've never had a buyer NOT sign it either... :)

Wow that is a pretty crappy story. Like others have suggested, I would contact Ohio VW admins and tell them what happened. I don't think they will get on you to hard about not getting back with the guy after he threated a lawsuit and you contacted a lawyer and they suggested not to contact him. You were just covering your butt in case things got physical. As long as you told him up front that it as "as is" you are covered. If need be send them a copy or the link to the original listing.

That's kind of a shitty situation to be in. You didn't know if it was broke or not, like you said it could have been working just fine and he brok it. That and you even contacted pay pal and the ebay seller to get the $300 back for him. But I guess that is a chance you take when buying or selling something. I might contact the VW forum so that it ends the cycle, but I wouldn't start any shit with the dude.

Look at the bright side at least you didn't get stuck with the broke ass Turbo.