Mp3 vs. I-pod (getting something, need help)

Guest FooFooMaru

Guest FooFooMaru

I'm in the market for a music player. I've decided to trash my "Bath & Body works" mp3 player haha lame.

I'm looking for something relatively cheap. Shopping for under 100$. The shuffle is interesting but is ipod really worth it? I'd rather have a screen that displays info but I prefer something tiny so not sure.

Will be using it for working out and running. IF there's anything I should stay away from, let me know.

Eh, any info would help. Thanks

Ive had a 4g and a 5g iPod. The 4g had a lot of problems, and I had to send it back a lot to get it serviced, which I didnt have to pay for because I had the insurance. I still used it everyday and loved it a lot. I bought a 5g off of Craigslist about a year and a half ago, and I havent had a problem with it. Its just as good as the 4g without the issues. I will never buy another media playing device.

my g/f and i both have 4mb ipods. i bought hers new at x-mas time, and mine a couple months after

we just had to take hers in for some odd turning on whenever it wanted to, and the hold key broke, but they gave me a new one right there with no questions asked (he didnt even try to mess with it to see if i was telling the truth. hm). not a single problem with mine and i use it daily. i love it. 200$ wasnt bad either. ive got 300 songs on it now and its not even 1/4 full

I have this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8001271&type=product&id=1155072368870

I love it. It's a 4GB flash memory based player with a MicroSD slot. This basically means that when you fill it up all you have to do is pick up a Micro SD card. You can find 2GB cards for ~$25 I picked mine up in store for $114. The battery life is great, screen is clear, and the music sounds good. Ther is no stupid software to install, it's all drag and drop. It also has 2 headphone ports.

sandisk sansa, way cheaper, and it has a screen. Just make sure to get one with a rechargable battery.

This is what i did had my for a year now no problems, its been banged, dropped, and rained on and still no problems. I only use my to work out so buying an ipod for the extra money didnt make sense to me.

I will also recommend checking out the Creative brand mp3 players. I have a 1gb I use for working out and it has worked no problem for over 1.5 years. I like the fact that it doesn't have a rechargable battery and uses just one AAA battery. I work out 3 times a week for over an hour each and the battery normally last me about 2 months. I like having just a regular battery so if it dies when I am working out, I just pop in a new battery and I am good.