The New Fuzion- 4GTTRX-7

coltboostin

I finished the car around 12am Saturday night, with intentions of bringing it out to the shootout that was then rained out. The bottom end has been finished and in the car since last year-but I waited 7+months for a head that I still done have, so I went to the yard, got a head off a junk Elantra for $30, and the trash was on. In 5 days, the turbo/cooling system and wiring was built, fabbed, and installed. There was MUCH more fab work than I anticipated, and thats why the car was not at the show Saturday.

http://www.doitbig.org/coltboostin/pics/4GX7/done/

I will answer specific questions, but here are the cliffs notes.

2.4 Liter-Eagle/Weisco assembled by me

heavily used ACT 2600 w/6 puck

100% stock Rx-7 driveline

Twin China 50 trims

$50 "Bo-Bo" manifold, mig welded, ugly, hilarious!

JMF intake (thanks Jim!)

Q45 TB

1600cc

DSMLink (the BEST for your DSM)

twin 2.5 DP's to 4 inch made from scraps exhaust

Modified $140 Ebay intercooler

Honda Rad in inverted V-mount confg.

Stock head/cams

Sleeper Cage

As for the TT-I did it just to see if it would work. I know its inefficient on a 4 banger-but at what I pay for these China turbos, its worth a try. IF it doesn't work-no big deal. It will have a GT42 back on it within a matter of days.

A Budget that would make most cry. I have not ran the numbers-but as it sits I am 99.9% sure its well under the Colt's $5200 total investment. I know it will be up for debate with MAP's FD-but since I have had the initial intention,and had the motor in since 06-is it safe to say this is the worlds first documented 4G RX-7?

Track times, and a shit ton of video to come

congrats man, A+ originality and a pretty fuckin cool looking car; helluvalot easier on the eye than a colt

:( Dont diss the poor Colt. I still though it had a nice body line-

For an econo box at least.

Thanks though. I have always liked RX-7, just not the powerplant.

not bad... numbers soon???

It darts at high speed (needs a rear end alignment) - and has some exhaust leaks (shit I forgot to weld). If everything goes well, I will be getting another wally from Battle of the Imports on Sunday.

you'll have to have someone else upload the pictures again, since your site is blocked from most firewalls.

Did the FC bellhousing bolt right up to the 4G63 block? That's awesome news if so. I saw you're using the DSM clutch, what flywheel are you using with it?

I always thought it'd be cool to build a lotus 7 replica with a DSM motor but didn't think any RWD transmissions would work (other than the guy who supposedly swapped the guts of a 1g transmission into a mighty max bellhousing)

Wait a sec here. elantra head?

nice to hear its done. Looks like a nice fun toy.

Hyundia used the Mitsu motors/ parts ect in some of their cars.

Lots of 4g63/7 turbo ect.elantras around.

The 4g67 in the elantra is basically a 1.8L 4g63 from what I understand.

:)

you'll have to have someone else upload the pictures again, since your site is blocked from most firewalls.

Did the FC bellhousing bolt right up to the 4G63 block? That's awesome news if so. I saw you're using the DSM clutch, what flywheel are you using with it?

I always thought it'd be cool to build a lotus 7 replica with a DSM motor but didn't think any RWD transmissions would work (other than the guy who supposedly swapped the guts of a 1g transmission into a mighty max bellhousing)

Kinda-sorta-but not really. B2600 bellhousing+TII trans makes it work. Clutch and flywheel are out of a conquest.

The Mighy max 5 speed will bolt to a regulat turbo 2.0 though, if you want to go that route. Those trannys get pissed after 400whp though.

Hyundia used the Mitsu motors/ parts ect in some of their cars.

Lots of 4g63/7 turbo ect.elantras around.

The 4g67 in the elantra is basically a 1.8L 4g63 from what I understand.

:)

Thats about right. 1.6, 1.8, and 2.0's everywhere. If you pull it-its $30-40 bucks.

nice. a elantra would not be a bad platform for a run then.

Yep, there are a few running around clicking off 12's and surprising the pants off people!! I have 2 spare 4G63 Hyundai valve covers as most people don't know they exist and only charge $5 instead of $75 for a Mitsu one.

Looks like a neat setup JP, I'm very interested to see if the TT setup works or not.