my new toy. S&W 9mm

evan9381

what happen to selling it to me?

then you will both lose the battle. high stress situations(such as a gun fight) you brain goes with gross motor movement and you lose your fine motor skills, making a weapon ready to fire is a fine motor movement. pulling from a holster and pulling the trigger is a gross motor movement. ask any law enforcement or military for that matter if there ready to fire from the draw and you will get a yes.

again i can back up everything i say.

Reflexive fire and training. Trust me on this, I've been there done that, from a M240B, M249, M4, even an M14, it's not that hard to take a safety off when you train and train, on flicking that thing off. When you raise up a weapon, keeping at the low ready, you flick it off as you acquire said target. it's simple and easy, granted keeping your finger off the trigger is the best thing to do. But having that weapon in the "safe" position and on "safe" as far as any mechanical devices, will greater the chances you don't shoot someone by "accident". Most the time just raising a weapon to someone will be more than enough to get them to comply. I've been in plenty of gun battles, safeties don't slow you down.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in plenty of gun battles, safeties don't slow you down.

i'm sure we can test that out some how.

carbine battles are different than holsted draw battles. i'm a certifed carbine/sub-gun instructor and those weapons systems are like apples to oranges when you compair to auto pistols.

i'm sure we can test that out some how.

carbine battles are different than holsted draw battles. i'm a certifed carbine/sub-gun instructor and those weapons systems are like apples to oranges when you compair to auto pistols.

True. It's better honestly for officers I think to have a secondary "manual" style safety. (IE 5406 S&W's) That way the officer truly must think before he/she pulls that trigger and is sure it's the right target. Not to mention, you get a criminal that grabs an officer's weapon, with that safety on, most retarded crack heads wouldn't think or know to take off a safety. And yes, carbine/sub-machine/assault style weapons are in a way apples to oranges, but with most the safeties are thumb or trigger finger length. A quick fluid flip of the hot switch, is all that's needed when bringing a weapon to bear upon a target.

True. It's better honestly for officers I think to have a secondary "manual" style safety. (IE 5406 S&W's) That way the officer truly must think before he/she pulls that trigger and is sure it's the right target.

what would happen if someone was pulling a gun on him and that split second delay to throw the decocker back up since he is already behind on the draw cost him his life?

i'm not saying that the guns with a decockers are bad, but people call it a dead man switch for a reason.

what would happen if someone was pulling a gun on him and that split second delay to throw the decocker back up since he is already behind on the draw cost him his life?

i'm not saying that the guns with a decockers are bad, but people call it a dead man switch for a reason.

But you got plenty of officers also, getting thrown in jail, punished, suspended etc.. for and accidental discharge, wrongful death, or criminals taking weapons. I agree on some of those "de-cockers" are in the worst places ever. Only weapon I own of that such is a Baretta 92F, other than that, XD's, revolvers, 1911 etc... with the lack of the manual de-cocking "safety".

if you want to shoot it not sure where you are but ..we can set some targets up out back of my place and shoot

i'm up north close to marengo

im on the east side of columbus, but marengo wouldnt be a horrible drive. i actually hunted on some private property up there a few years back. guy named tim hass. he has a nice 2-3 acre pond we duck hunted on

ill definitely get back to you. i dont know when you have free time, so shoot me a PM. im usually off work after 5 wed-fri and the weekends i only have to work saturday morning.

i do know next friday my g/f is hosting some mary kay party i wont be attending, so maybe if you got some free time, ill grab some more rounds and some targets

^^^ Go get you a box of Winchester FMJ 115 grain target ammo, well 2 boxes. As much as I dislike the powder room, I go there cause it's cheap and close. I'd just practice 15 meter targeting, safely unloading, loading, and getting a stable shooting stance. Just remember 70-30. 30% on hand pulling trigger, 70% gripped around opposite hand, giving nice steady shot.

But you got plenty of officers also, getting thrown in jail, punished, suspended etc.. for and accidental discharge, wrongful death, or criminals taking weapons. I agree on some of those "de-cockers" are in the worst places ever. Only weapon I own of that such is a Baretta 92F, other than that, XD's, revolvers, 1911 etc... with the lack of the manual de-cocking "safety".

did i read that right? they are replaceable? lol j/k

they don't always car pool together though. and small towns there is only one officer per car.

did i read that right? they are replaceable? lol j/k

they don't always car pool together though. and small towns there is only one officer per car.

Rookies under 5 years should rock 92F's, everyone else Wilson Combat's :grin2: Finally the cops might hit what they shoot at. Keyhoe brothers anyone :lol:

The sex

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/graphics/DB-Wilson-lead.jpg

^^^ Go get you a box of Winchester FMJ 115 grain target ammo, well 2 boxes. As much as I dislike the powder room, I go there cause it's cheap and close. I'd just practice 15 meter targeting, safely unloading, loading, and getting a stable shooting stance. Just remember 70-30. 30% on hand pulling trigger, 70% gripped around opposite hand, giving nice steady shot.

thats actually what i picked up at vances...they had them on sale for 7.99/box. ill probably pick up 2-4 more boxes friday when i get paid and hit up some range to shoot some targets to get a feel for the gun and see what its doing

Rookies under 5 years should rock 92F's, everyone else Wilson Combat's :grin2: Finally the cops might hit what they shoot at. Keyhoe brothers anyone :lol:

The sex

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/graphics/DB-Wilson-lead.jpg

single stack mag FTL. with that they still would have missed the brothers just ran out of bullets faster haha.

I tried the original version of the Sigma out back when they came out, and I frankly hated the thing. The DA trigger was absolutely horrible, literally 3/4 of totally slack travel, and then 10+lbs of draw with no feel whatsoever. Now the revised version is worlds better, but I still wouldn't really want one myself.

BTW those Wilsons are TITS! Absolutely accurate, just no doubt about where the round is going. Probably don't even need to have sights on the things, just look, point, and make a hole in it.