I bought a new car.

Patrick

Good luck with it. Let me know if you need help with anything. The 86's had some unique fuel system "quirks". The Injector clips need replaced if they haven't been already. That was an issue with all the years. It should be easy to check for fuel and spark. Pull the over the valve cover pipe and have someone crank it, if the injectors spray then you have fuel. Checking for spark it pretty obvious. Sorry if you have covered all this already. I haven't had much sleep the last couple of days. I just got back from the National StarQuest Meet today and saw your thread.

Glad to see another StarQuest around. ;-)

CJ

Good luck with it. Let me know if you need help with anything. The 86's had some unique fuel system "quirks". The Injector clips need replaced if they haven't been already. That was an issue with all the years. It should be easy to check for fuel and spark. Pull the over the valve cover pipe and have someone crank it, if the injectors spray then you have fuel. Checking for spark it pretty obvious. Sorry if you have covered all this already. I haven't had much sleep the last couple of days. I just got back from the National StarQuest Meet today and saw your thread.

Glad to see another StarQuest around. ;-)

CJ

I probably will be replacing the clips pretty soon. There is no spray, we checked. But there is fuel getting to the TB! I drained the tank today and it was nasty. I believe it is a fuel issue. Are you on StarQuestclub.com?

I *heard* that the mitsu fuel systems were finicky when it came to voltage. Now, even keeping it on jumper cables isn't enough. This is kind of far fetched, but I'm going to clean them myself once I have some damn time, blow out anything in the injector with spray cleaner/air compressor, and then clean them in techron injector cleaner. And my new clips are coming in too. I don't really understand why that would matter in the functionality of the injectors except for no power getting to them because they were loose. But we'll see. I need to get the RX-7 running properly before I do anything. Once I do the hackjob repair and cleaning, I'll let you know. thank you!!

• 1 month later...
A few know about mine, but I am still keeping the cards close ;)

So the ever awesome 2.3T RX7 has lost its steam now?

You just swore that it was going to get finished this spring, and you'd show all us negative bastards.

Its probably best you keep your plans a secret in all honestly.

You just swore that it was going to get finished this spring, and you'd show all us negative bastards.

Hey, I bought a starion and the distributor was cracked. It's fixed now. I need a brake line.

I posted that in August, you illiterate dumbass.

Way to own yourself. My 2.3 thread wasn't started until Sept.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

It runs. New dizzy and GO! It needs a brake line now. Plus, the exhaust gasket was this wtf material...like sheet metal. The Manifold and turbo are off now, just gotta put them back on and I'm good for a time. Hopefully.