FINALLY got my STI! :) (long)

Draco-REX

Nice. I was also toying with the idea of running E85 in it. Even at its worst winter blend (70 Eth/30 Gas) it is still 95 Octane and I can fill it for 2.63/gal. And with every pump having 10% Eth now, most new fuel systems are resistant to Ethanol's corrosion. But that's a project for down the road maybe.

You can't run it with out modifications to the fuel system and ECU, your fuel trim will be at full open and you will get a cell after a few full WO throttle pulls. See the E85 is oxygenated more than Pump, so when the ECU sees more oxygen it dumps more fuel, well now there is more oxygen and so on so you get the cell. You can run a 50/50 mix and not get the cell. Not worth the hassle IMO, Trust me I have tried. I gave up. Remember without tuning on a dyno, higher octane/ E85 will NOT make your car faster. You must tune and do the supporting mods to get the benefit.

Black on Black what?

BTW first mod is Winter tires, you have maybe 60 days before the re070s need to come off. I have my stock Re070s from AUG 04 and they have great tread, but are getting low. I bought Sumitomo HTR+ for the winter and they have been great. I might get this winter out of them but that will be it. Bought them when I bought the car in August 04. You will be sorry if you try to use the re070s in the winter.

You can't run it with out modifications to the fuel system and ECU, your fuel trim will be at full open and you will get a cell after a few full WO throttle pulls. See the E85 is oxygenated more than Pump, so when the ECU sees more oxygen it dumps more fuel, well now there is more oxygen and so on so you get the cell. You can run a 50/50 mix and not get the cell. Not worth the hassle IMO, Trust me I have tried. I gave up. Remember without tuning on a dyno, higher octane/ E85 will NOT make your car faster. You must tune and do the supporting mods to get the benefit.

Oh, I know about this. I was looking into E85 for the Evo. There seem to be enough E85 stations around here that it might be practical to switch over. THe tough part is figuring out what mix of E85 is in the tank. I hear there are some people working on aftermarket versions of the sensors that are in Flex Fuel vehicles. If they get those worked out, then it's just a matter or filling up, checking the guage, and then switching to the proper map with the AP2. (Obviously going to have to have maps made.)

BTW first mod is Winter tires, you have maybe 60 days before the re070s need to come off. I have my stock Re070s from AUG 04 and they have great tread, but are getting low. I bought Sumitomo HTR+ for the winter and they have been great. I might get this winter out of them but that will be it. Bought them when I bought the car in August 04. You will be sorry if you try to use the re070s in the winter.

Way ahead of you again. :) I'm planning to swap the 070s for Dunlop WS M3s. And I'm working with someone on IWSTI to plan out a set of 265/35-18s for the Summer. When I do the swap, I'm going to be selling the 070s.

nice story, clean car. congrats. be careful going under low bridges with that rear wing

LOL.. My biggest fear with the wing that high is having it block the light bar of a cruiser behind me. Luckily I've left most of my speeding ways behind me in my younger years. So hopefully I won't have run-ins with the local officers. *knock on wood*

Well, jsut did my first mod. I disabled the stupid DRLs. In the 07s, the headlights are just always on.. Dunno why they even bothered with a headlight switch :p But now all the lights are under MY control! Muahahaha!