If you think you're paying too much for cable...

excell

You are. I was pissed off the other night so I decided to take it out on Time Warner. I just have digital cable and a DVR on one TV, and I was paying almost $70 a month with taxes. I did some quick research, saw that I could get the same service or better from the satellite companies for about $50-55 a month (although with a contract), and called them up. Told the lady I've been a great customer for years (I have) and that I'm being soaked on the service. She asked who I had checked out and what they're prices were, I told her who and $45/month ;) , and she came back with $53.40 a month after taxes which is about $47 a month. Same service I have now, just cheaper.

Call and hassle them. Save some money.

Win! :)

BTW, Warner WILL NOT match our price plan for what Anthony has. My g/f is sadly stuck in a Time Warner only condo (they don't realize they are exclusive there), and their supervisor couldn't match the deal we had...not even close.

As for the dish people, all of the customers I talk to have had dish all tell me the price that's stated is always cheaper, but once all the fees are added in (plus a freaking contract), they always end up paying more. I never bothered researching the current price structures of dish...my customer's like to watch TV when it is raining, the #1 reason I hear why they switch back to us. :)

I've heard from more than a few people that this really works well. My parents wanted to drop internet from their house because internet and cable were too much. Hopefully a call to Comcast/Time Warner/Wetakeyourmoney will help lower it a bit.

BTW, how much does it help to get a package deal with phone, internet and cable TV from one company, versus separate companies? They have phone service from AT&T, but cable from Time Warner. Would it be better to get it all from the same place?

Nitrousbird FTW........PM Joe and he'll hook you up. Did well very well for me. I'll likely be moving my home office line to WOW digital phone to try it out.

They have phone service from AT&T' date=' but cable from Time Warner. Would it be better to get it all from the same place?[/quote']

Nitrousbird FTW........PM Joe and he'll hook you up. Did well very well for me. I'll likely be moving my home office line to WOW digital phone to try it out.

Hey Tim let me know how that works out for you. Our home office goes through Time Warner, and besides some reliability problem's when we first got it its been ok. But i know mom would like to shop around. She was thinking about getting the dish, something about buying PPV movies and being able to watch them on any tv with a box, but not sure if it would be cheaper or not.

I have Nitrousbird :)

I actually have digital cable everything with HD, DVR, 6MB internet, VOIP, premium blah channels, all on three TVs and after taxes with WOW pay $132/month :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, my company foots $50/month for my bill as well :D

ummmm. I paid less then that for ALL premiums / RR (7mbit now) / Phone.

For the last damn time, I have DirecTV, and it only goes out when its a fucking nightmare outside (aka, last week's tornados). And even then, the local channels still usually work. When its raining, everything still works just fine. The rain doesnt effect the signal, its the cloud height/thickness. If you have your dish aimed at the right satellite for this area (DTV has 4 Standard Def MPEG2 satellites, and 2 High Def MPEG4 Satellites), and you took the time to aim it right, instead of slapdicking it the first time you get a signal, it works just fine. I have a constant 99% signal when its clear out, and when its raining it usually drops down to 70%, which doesnt matter because its digital, and as long as I have a signal it looks fine.

...and we only pay $42 a month for 4 receivers, and their Total Choice Plus package with Starz.

will do. thankfully Panny let's us choose any high speed internet or phone we like and then we just expense it. I usually have my office phone fwd'd to my cell since I'm out and about often. If it works out, I'll simply pay the VOIP phone and submit my AT&T land line to the company to pay. Call me old fashion but I can't get away from a real land line completely yet :)

PPV.....haven't used it much yet. We have NetFlix and dubbing movies....while of course I don't :rolleyes: is simple. However, you can burn PPV movies to a DVD recorder for viewing later too :)

Hey Tim let me know how that works out for you. Our home office goes through Time Warner, and besides some reliability problem's when we first got it its been ok. But i know mom would like to shop around. She was thinking about getting the dish, something about buying PPV movies and being able to watch them on any tv with a box, but not sure if it would be cheaper or not.

BTW, Warner WILL NOT match our price plan for what Anthony has. My g/f is sadly stuck in a Time Warner only condo (they don't realize they are exclusive there), and their supervisor couldn't match the deal we had...not even close.

Then that supervisor sucks. I currently have a BETTER deal through TW than WOW. All because of my complaining. :nod:

Of course, where I live, you can't get WOW anyway, so it doesn't matter to me... :)

I had hacked DSS for 3 years, then DirecTV found out my dad had been purchasing the equipment to rewrite the Access Cards, and they threatened to sue us. We sent back a letter saying that my dad was deceased, havent heard back since. That was right after my dad died, about 4 years ago. It was sweet though, we had a small pentium computer sitting next to the TV, which had a Serial out going to a circuit with a processor on it (forget which), which was wired to the contacts that read the chip on the Access card, and we were spoofing a car with fool access. Every channel, pay per view we didnt have to pay for, ect ect.

We had 2 recievers with Emulators (computers with serial out, running the access card slot), and 2 recievers with hacked cards (card readers/writers, unloopers)

Ah, the good old days :)

Funny I have directv and never get stuck in a contract. I don't lease the equipment though. I always buy it at circuit city or where ever when I feel the need to upgrade.

Same. Thats what I love about directv, I dont have to get my equipment from them. Just go to the nearest Best Buy/Circuit City/whatever, and buy whatever new receviers I want.

70 bucks a month for basic digital and high speed cable (10mb+ baby!). Insight. I'm gonna call up and see if I can get a DVR out of the deal.

The few times I had cable in Columbus. The cable guy normally hooked up my cable tv for free, even though I just ordered internet.