Test Drive: 2008 Z06

AJ

McDormans got an Atomic Orange &&&& a Machine Silver one parked side by side in the Vette Bldg - I peered thru the window Monday & looked at them. I want to drive one, then probably consider buying it. However thats still a lot of dough for me - I may get serious come spring time ??

McDormans got an Atomic Orange &&&& a Machine Silver one parked side by side in the Vette Bldg - I peered thru the window Monday & looked at them. I want to drive one, then probably consider buying it. However thats still a lot of dough for me - I may get serious come spring time ??

Pansy. Just do it and I'll take care of the blubullit. :)

-Marc

Yeah right? Once you grad from OSU, get settled in F/T work world, we'll see how your personal budget is - I can't stop thinking 'bout those two cars parked side by side down there though - I've dream't about them every day now since Monday!

the one we have here is Atomic Orange

Just do it, Tom. You deserve it!

Only real differences between 07 and 08 is the interior and the transmission. They have a T6060 or something like that instead of the T56. I was going to wait for an 08, but figured it probably didn't have any huge advantages over the 07. That and I wasn't about to drop another 5k or whatever for the upgraded interior.

Glad I didn't wait. I've had a lot of fun in the car for the last couple months!

Jason

Only real differences between 07 and 08 is the interior and the transmission. They have a T6060 or something like that instead of the T56. I was going to wait for an 08, but figured it probably didn't have any huge advantages over the 07. That and I wasn't about to drop another 5k or whatever for the upgraded interior.

Glad I didn't wait. I've had a lot of fun in the car for the last couple months!

Jason

So you kept the Viper AND bought the Z06? Smart man... :)

there very nice. I was at mcdormin today and yesturday tryin to track down a part and I saw them driving all the show cars around the lot for this weekend and a black z06 passed me and all I could say was wow. I think there will be some better cars at the show this year than there were last year.

Marc - after check I just wrote, you have all the INCENTIVE necessary to complete OSU. Anything less & you're toast baby!

Jason - I agree I deserve it, probably will (seriously) in spring

LPFSthe Fett - seriously, how do you like the new Z06? Anything you don't like or any suggestions to help a buyer that's going to push the button probably within the next 6-8 mo's?

I absolutely love everything about my Z06. The only complaint I have is break dust, which is easily fixed with some ceramic break pads. The car is SUPER quite when you want it to be, yet you can hook up a $5 switch and have it sound like a beast!

I've had the car for 2 months now and have 2000 miles on it. 30+ Documented Track Passes, 20 Gtech passes, 25 Dyno pulls, plus playing on the street, and the car just eats it up.

On the street the car is insane fast. I'm sure some of the guys I've raced on here can comment on how quick it is. :) Being mostly stock (Headers & Cold Air) there hasn't been a single car yet to beat it. Andrews Viper was the closest and I'd say it was a tie. He thinks he won by 1/2, I think I got him by 1/2, lets just say it was close. :)

Oh and with only those mods and a big thanks to Dyno Tune Motorsports the car puts down 502rwhp 474rwt.

You absolutely wont regret the purchase. I was going to get a Ford GT, but am SOO glad I didn't now. Can't beat the quality of a Mass Produced car vs a low production car.

Jason

Go for it pops, you won't be happy until you do. Good luck either way.

Buick for the blubullit? Think about it. :D

8g really is not shit for the better interior if you are spending the money in the first place to get the car. It is more like an extra 8 dollars on something that cost 100.

I agree if you know your keeping the car forever or even 5 years. However, you really don't get credit for any options when you sell the car. A good example is my 06 Convertible C6. It was completly loaded and stickered for 65k, yet when I traded it in, I got the same trade in as someone who's Convertible stickered for 55k.

Plus on Yellow, the only contrast that looks good is Red, and I don't like Red interiors. :)

Jason

LPFSTHEFETT - thanks for the insight! I agree ceramic brake pads will halt the dust. Now all I need is to elect to buy one, new or slightly used, if new buy from dlr or go the distance & take museum delivery too? Oh decisions decisions!!

By the way - thats alot of rwhp on the dyno. I wouldn't have guessed she'd put that much down - Damn I want one!!!!!!!!