who can do an engine swap for me?

evan9381

out of no where today, on my way to work, my car through a rod through the block. its 3k miles out of the 2nd owner warranty, and the dealership isnt much of a help

its a stock for stock motor swap. i just need to get it done soon, so i can be mobile again

ive found an engine thru LKQ that i can get delivered to ~5 min from my house, and can be brought to you. the only thing besides the engine being swapped in i would be looking for is the timing belt being swapped over from the old engine, as it was just replaced 3k miles ago, and the new used engine is coming up on the point where it would need to be changed.

ive already called derek and left a message for john rutan...figured id post here to see if anyone else can do it

PM with a price and a # so i can set something up

no. i had one before this, beat the shit out of it, and it never gave me a problem. only reason i dont have it now is the hail storm in oct totalled it out and nationwide refused to let me buy it back

ive seen this happen 2-3x on the hyundai forums, and those were cars running A LOT of boost

this one i just have to DD. i dont beat on it, because my goal was to have something reliable for a few years, like my old one was

oh....about 63k miles on the car. im pissed. ive had it since april and put 6k miles on it