Got myself a Fiero.

Guest evobound

Guest evobound

2.8 (edited, thanks) v6, running strong, unknown mileage, unknown transmission (it's a 5spd, didn't they came w/ 4?) shitty paint, warped rotor.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5698/garage1os5.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1690/garage1ud0.jpg

I searched for Fiero and found a coupla guys on here running them - anybody with info or spare parts please let me know.

Tiny ass car. I'm six six. The bottom of the car is as high off the ground as the top of my shoe, and the top of the door is too low to hit me in the balls. It's barely tall enough to catch me in the knee.

Which is good.

This should be interesting. My first mid-engine.

:burn:

:burn:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest evobound

Might do a swap, or maybe see if I can get it blown. I know almost nothing about the platform at the moment, so lots of reading to follow.

Thanks for the tip on the coolant line, I'll see if I can get to it.

Good :) Is three a crowd?

I think this is an 87, nongt?

I didn't put much thought or research into it - traded a van for it.

You have yourself a 1985 Fiero GT. Only GT year w/ that body style. That indeed came w/ a 5 speed. Fieros later came with a four speed, which is more desireable. 86-88 GT's look like spaceghost's.

GT's have the V6. They are fun, they weigh a TON, and aren't particularly fast in a straight line, but they make an ok daily. 3800 series motor N/A and SC and the Northstar V8's are popular swaps.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and i can do my best to answer them. I had an 87' GT for about a year, but got bored w/ the automatic.

88GT's are cool until stuff breaks. Last model year and there are just certain things you can't get. I.E. I heard you can't get wheel bearings for them? People were talking about having to get sunfire wheel bearings and modifying them to fit.

And yes a L67 would be fun. Fiero's are a pain to do swaps in even though it has a cradle tho. You can bore out the exhaust manifold and part of the intake plenum on the 2.8 for a small gain.