From LS1 to.......

V8 Beast

If you had a modded trans am and you were looking to upgrade, what car would you get to replace it? I'm not planning on selling the car, I'm just wondering what cars people would consider an uprgrade as far as performance and modability are concerned. Vipers are a lot harder to mod than I thought...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cant get the first modded car to work, why would you waste money on buying another car to do the same thing to and be in the same situation as before but now with 2 cars. Get you T/A working first to where it is suppost to be and then once you got that all figured out, go buy another car.

Buy a C6Z06. What you need to do is calculate how much you've spent on your car modifing it and how happy you are with it. Most likely, if your like me, you've spent so much on your car that you would have paid for half, if nt more, of a C6Z06 already.

Plus you can't beat the showroom stock numbers you get. Consistant 11's stock, then if you do want to modify it, you can spend $10k and run mid 10's and have the streetability of stock. Just can't beat it!

Of course I am somewhat biased. :)

Jason

If you cant get the first modded car to work, why would you waste money on buying another car to do the same thing to and be in the same situation as before but now with 2 cars. Get you T/A working first to where it is suppost to be and then once you got that all figured out, go buy another car.

The TA is a small problem nightmare. I have known issues, and I post on here to help people out. If you only knew how many people I have helped by posting every single issue my car and not hiding them like everyone else. My car runs fine, or did you miss the thread about my alignment? I swear I must be the only fast car in Ohio because you follow me around trying to get a race every other day. Your a cool guy but this shit is getting old. I'll see you at the track..

I'll see you at the track..

Just an FYI, I have 300 jets in my car, but I'm taking them out because I'm probably going to drop this block into an RX-7 and have fun with my many car related issues. I didnt buy the progessive controller and fuel cell for the fun of it. Plus sandbagging is gay so I'll stop now.

The TA is a small problem nightmare. I have known issues, and I post on here to help people out. If you only knew how many people I have helped by posting every single issue my car and not hiding them like everyone else. My car runs fine, or did you miss the thread about my alignment? I swear I must be the only fast car in Ohio because you follow me around trying to get a race every other day. Your a cool guy but this shit is getting old. I'll see you at the track..

I wasnt posting it in a negative way. I am just saying, why toss money at another car when you havent figured out the first one. I did see you post about alignment, but I did also see the post where you said your brother beat with 150 less hp. If you are wanting to start over, get rid of the t/a first cause if you dont the t/a will be that car that could of been but you couldnt get right and now it just sits wasting space and money. So if I was you, I would spend my money on getting it right, then once it is right and you feel the need to spend more money on another car do it and keep the t/a as the killer race car that you can bring out if someone pipes up. That is what I am doin, I got the vette to damn near a single digit pass, about where it should be and this winter my new project will begin when I stuff a ls1 with a turbo into a miata for a nice freeway car. Then I will have the best of both worlds, vette for dig races, miata for freeway fun. Plus the miata will be a stock ls1 motor for great drivability. Dont think I am following you, I am trying to help you since you got a car that has potential, I think you are being lead the wrong way. Like I said before, get in contact with Ray and talk to him about stuff. He knows his shit and I will bet you 100$ he can get your car to go damn near what it should.