From LS1 to.......

V8 Beast

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt posting it in a negative way. I am just saying, why toss money at another car when you havent figured out the first one. I did see you post about alignment, but I did also see the post where you said your brother beat with 150 less hp. If you are wanting to start over, get rid of the t/a first cause if you dont the t/a will be that car that could of been but you couldnt get right and now it just sits wasting space and money. So if I was you, I would spend my money on getting it right, then once it is right and you feel the need to spend more money on another car do it and keep the t/a as the killer race car that you can bring out if someone pipes up. That is what I am doin, I got the vette to damn near a single digit pass, about where it should be and this winter my new project will begin when I stuff a ls1 with a turbo into a miata for a nice freeway car. Then I will have the best of both worlds, vette for dig races, miata for freeway fun. Plus the miata will be a stock ls1 motor for great drivability. Dont think I am following you, I am trying to help you since you got a car that has potential, I think you are being lead the wrong way. Like I said before, get in contact with Ray and talk to him about stuff. He knows his shit and I will bet you 100$ he can get your car to go damn near what it should.

Its official, I heart you Sam :D Sorry I'm PMSing today. I usually dont even try and start shit on the internet, but I'm on edge. If you go out this weekend hook up with me.

Edit: I also know I am going to have issues with the TA until its gone. Right now I'm getting my seat time with a 600hp car. Once I'm comfortable with that I'm putting the 4xxci block in and starting the cycle all over again. Keep in mind my TA was bone stock last March. The new car is basically to help my wife get more involved. I figure since she can control my car, she can handle a 400hp banger.

Its official, I heart you Sam :D Sorry I'm PMSing today. I usually dont even try and start shit on the internet, but I'm on edge. If you go out this weekend hook up with me.

Edit: I also know I am going to have issues with the TA until its gone. Right now I'm getting my seat time with a 600hp car. Once I'm comfortable with that I'm putting the 4xxci block in and starting the cycle all over again. Keep in mind my TA was bone last March. The new car is basically to help my wife get more involved. I figure since she can control my car, she can handle an 400hp banger.

I am just trying to tell you not to give up so easily on it. If we all did that then we would all have new cars every other week.

I am just trying to tell you not to give up so easily on it. If we all did that then we would all have new cars every other week.

Thanks bro, I'm not giving up on it. My wife has been complaining that her car is too slow, so I'm just getting ideas. I wont even be able to buy it for 3-6 months. I just want to make an educated decision so I'm starting hell of early. Thats actually why I'm dumping the viper idea. I know she wants one, but the pcm cant be modded, and she wants to be able to work on it.

I want to see the T/A run to it's potential (I am sure not as badly as you do). I want it to be an example of what one of these things can do on a stock block when they are set up properly.

In answer to your question: C5 Z06 or a C5 Z06. You could always look for a C5 Z06.

I want to see the T/A run to it's potential (I am sure not as badly as you do). I want it to be an example of what one of these things can do on a stock block when they are set up properly.

In answer to your question: C5 Z06 or a C5 Z06. You could always look for a C5 Z06.

For the first time at Norwalk I will not have that ghost TCS issue to worry about!!!!!

I think you would have a lot of fun with an RX-7, its COMPLETELY different from a trans am in almost every way, but still plenty of potential to be fast. Could be a good chance to try something new and different.

Easily the worst idea in this thread. He is having troubles getting the T/A to run the way it should. Getting a torqueless, "when is my apex seal going to let go," better be super careful on the tuning, mods, and upkeep or she's going to blow motor is nothing short of stupid.

Now an LSx in an FD, that's a whole other issue. Then it's a cool car with a cool motor.

Easily the worst idea in this thread. He is having troubles getting the T/A to run the way it should. Getting a torqueless, "when is my apex seal going to let go," better be super careful on the tuning, mods, and upkeep or she's going to blow motor is nothing short of stupid.

Now an LSx in an FD, that's a whole other issue. Then it's a cool car with a cool motor.

are you SERIOUSLY that clueless?

She works at advanced auto parts now as a second job and is trying to better her car knowledge. She will be more than likely certified by the end of next year. I honestly am tired of LS1's but its what I know. If we decide to go that route she wont have nearly the same issues I've had.

Honestly a cobra would be a good idea. Great driveability, and so easy to mod too. Don't let the problems you see with me car scare you away, she's kind of a bitch.

For the money you put into your car you could have a kb2.8, built motor, spray, solid rear, and possibly a 4r70W. That right there is a 9 sec car.

are you SERIOUSLY that clueless?

Max, aparently he is. Obviously he only knows about the "rumor" of the replace engine light. Rotaries are no where near as bad as what the ignorant make them out to be. It is all about the upkeep on the car, change the oil when you should and run good gas. When it comes to modding, do the reliablity mods first, such as radiator, downpipe, and some sort of fuel cut defenser or stand alone.

What a Jackass.

Nitrousbird, does your LT-1 even run?

Jackson

Max, aparently he is. Obviously he only knows about the "rumor" of the replace engine light. Rotaries are no where near as bad as what the ignorant make them out to be. It is all about the upkeep on the car, change the oil when you should and run good gas. When it comes to modding, do the reliablity mods first, such as radiator, downpipe, and some sort of fuel cut defenser or stand alone.

My GSL-SE is at 113k and I run it hard...no reliability problems either. I do keep track and do the oil changes almost to the mile/date, and I always keep the car running at tip-top shape. They're very, very reliable motors if kept up and modified properly. Hell, I'm getting 20mpg in my car with a mix of hard driving and easy driving, 25 if I'm easy on it. +1 on keeping up with maintenance.