Further Norwalk Information - READ ME

excell

Due to scheduling conflicts with Anthony, I will now be the main Columbus Racing representative at Norwalk. If you've never met me before, my name is Chris Green and I am the slightly shorter yet much better looking version of Anthony. Should you need to find me at the track, I'll be spending most of the day with a black Grand Prix. Anthony's green Firebird should be somewhere close by as I'll be piloting it. I will have an FRS radio set to channel 3. If you need me, call for me. As long as I'm not racing I should hear you. Feel free to bring your radio and set to my channel.

Please read all of the following information, some of it has changed since the initial announcement:

Gates and Entry:

Gates will open at 8AM and racing is from 9AM to 3PM. We will be on the Rislone (east) side of the track. This is the grassy side, not the paved side. You MUST enter the track through the gate nearest Wilson's Lot, not the gate near the Norwalk offices or any gate on the Budweiser (west) side of the track. The gate will be closed at 12pm, but not locked. If you're late, you may still enter.

If you are not pre-registered you may still pay at the event. The fee is $60 CASH and you must find me to take the money and tech you in. No one else will be doing day-of registrations, you must see me. No cash, no race.

Tech:

Tech is from 8-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding Summit Motorsports Park or Columbus Racing responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a fire jacket, but I'm not going to press this one. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Norwalk staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down a CR representative to tech you in.

CR Representatives/Tech Inspectors:

Chris AKA Excell

Nick AKA SPLN SUX

Leilani AKA hotrodmama024

Bob AKA Kawboy

Hal AKA Halbert

Amy AKA Amy

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

We will be utilizing the staging lanes on the Rislone (east) side of the track. At this time since there are so few cars, I don't see a reason to restrict the lanes down. Please be courteous and orderly to other drivers. The Rislone side (east, left) of the track is for ALL VEHICLES ALL TIRES, including radials, drag radials, and slicks. The Budweiser side (west, right) is for SLICK TIRE/DOT SLICK/DRAG RADIAL VEHICLES ONLY, including motorcycles ON SLICKS.

There are so few cars I do not see the need to have volunteers for the water box at this time. If you need water, hop out of your car and lay it down as quickly as possible. If you run a vehicle that is not easy to get out of, flag down a friend, CR representative, or someone nearby and ask them to help. Let's be a good community and help each other. Take care not to over-spray the water box.

If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you are responsible for the clean-up fees and/or repairs. They are typically $70-300, depending on what you break and how bad you mess the track up. I have known a few bills in the thousands for really severe stuff. If your car is a piece of shit and you cannot afford the clean-up, don't race. Norwalk is aggressive about getting things paid for, and if you think you can skirt it you're wrong. Norwalk police will side with the track.

Prizes & End of Day:

There may be prizes handed out thanks to our CR Sponsors. These will be done on a record basis, I.E, quickest E.T for cars, for bikes, best MPH for either, etc. If this happens, it will be after the race day and done through the CR forums by Anthony. There will be no official post-race meeting. When you're done, head home.

You must be out of the track by 4PM as Norwalk has a race program in the evening. If you want to stay for the race program, you MUST exit the track and head to Linder's Lot to register for the evening.

Let me know if you have questions. :)

Chris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be smart

Be safe

Have fun!!!!

I'll load the truck full of extras like clothes, towels, batteries, tools, nitrous, etc. I'll try to have a little station set up in the Envoy in case people forget things. All of it will be free to use except the "naws".. that crap costs too much to give it away :D

I'll have a bag of tools and a hydraulic jack if it's needed.

For bike guys, I'll have my jacket incase you don't have one.

Are us tech people going to meet anywhere and cruise up?

i have a problem with the no drag radials in the slick lane...i run 10.30's and pull 1.4. 60' times. So i have to run in the lane where regular radial tire cars rip all the vht off the track and are gonna spin any ways. My drag radials are the same compound as a MT et street just in a radial configuration.

Yeah, I just noticed that as well. We've always had drag radials in the slick lane.

I'm gonna override this one because that's the way it should be.

One lane is open for any tire, one lane for slicks/DOT slicks/drag radials ONLY.

You should have told me when I sent you the information BEFORE I posted it.

I changed it, but I vehemently disagree with it.

Chris, id be more than happy to just stay in the staging after tech and work it and the water box as needed. Im not going to race at all so really i dont have anything else to do other than do some video for bucky.

Also, is there a spicific color shirt we should wear so we are easily spotted to the racers? Im sure that we can find something cheap at like walmart for like $5.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Uhm, I asked Anthony about this a while back and he said nothing of the 10.00/120mph rule. You sure that's being enforced? It never has before. :confused:

How strict is the helment/13sec rule. I went there with my mustang running 13's at a night event and had no trouble. Reason I ask is because I will have to drive all the way back home to columbus just to get my helment.

Heres my view and perhaps Chris can yay or nah it...

If your car is running 13's at 110mph or less, than your car is quick because its getting out off the line very well. If your pulling 13's at 125mph, your car is running SLOW because of traction issues. I.E. FWD turbo cars.

I dont see a problem with a 13.0 car not wearing a helmet as long as its not breaking 110mph. But if your trapping 110 or better, your car has a lot left in it if your only pulling 13's, and you need to wear some sort of protective gear.

Ill enforce anything that Chris asks me to, and well tech pretty thuroughly, but somtimes a judgment call needs to be made for safty, and if i have to make the call, id say the trap limit is 110mph, after that, your wearing a helmet. this only pertains to the cars running 13.0 or slower, making those trap speeds.

Uhm, I asked Anthony about this a while back and he said nothing of the 10.00/120mph rule. You sure that's being enforced? It never has before. :confused:

Yes. This is an NHRA/Norwalk rule and they have asked that it be enforced.

How strict is the helment/13sec rule. I went there with my mustang running 13's at a night event and had no trouble. Reason I ask is because I will have to drive all the way back home to columbus just to get my helment.

I ran last year with no helmet and ran 13.0 with no issues.

I think chris means if you run a 12.99 or faster you'd need a helmet.

No, I actually mean 13's. NHRA rules are helmet on cars 13.99 and lower. This will be enforced.

You can get an approved helmet for about $50. It's for your safety, get one.

Yes. This is an NHRA/Norwalk rule and they have asked that it be enforced.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39888

This isn't an NHRA event... So........... Anthony says helmet, leather jacket, gloves, boots, and jeans. You say I have to wear full leathers. Which is it? Are we doing the same we did every other year or are we changing it for this year? Just curious, because you can count a bunch of us out if we have to have a full suit. Good thing I hadn't met up with Anthony yet.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39888

This isn't an NHRA event... So........... Anthony says helmet, leather jacket, gloves, boots, and jeans. You say I have to wear full leathers. Which is it? Are we doing the same we did every other year or are we changing it for this year? Just curious, because you can count a bunch of us out if we have to have a full suit. Good thing I hadn't met up with Anthony yet.

This was the request of Norwalk. Apparently, they don't like cleaning up body parts from the track surface.

I did NOT say full leathers. I said full protective gear, which includes armored pants and other "complete" riding gear. It does not mean a full leather suit.

This was the request of Norwalk. Apparently, they don't like cleaning up body parts from the track surface.

I did NOT say full leathers. I said full protective gear, which includes armored pants and other "complete" riding gear. It does not mean a full leather suit.

Full protective gear according to the NHRA is either a two-piece suit (leather jacket which zips to leather pants), or one-piece suit.

I don't have leather pants nor a one-piece suit. So can I ride?

Full protective gear according to the NHRA is either a two-piece suit (leather jacket which zips to leather pants), or one-piece suit.

I don't have leather pants nor a one-piece suit. So can I ride?

Per Anthony: Jeans are good as long as you are wearing armored jacket, helmet, gloves, shoes that cover the ankle. Use your best judgement.

-Marc

Per Anthony: Jeans are good as long as you are wearing armored jacket, helmet, gloves, shoes that cover the ankle. Use your best judgement.

-Marc

I's is confuzdid. Are we going by what Anthony says or by what Chris says??? :confused: