Further Norwalk Information - READ ME

excell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...as far as Norwalk's strick rules :rolleyes:, I ran all three days of the Ames Performance Pontiac Nationals and 1) when I went to get the car teched the guy just look at the car and said "Stock...I don't need to look at it, here's the sticker." ...didn't even pop the hood. 2) There were guys in the Stock class that were wearing shorts. ...so how strick are we going to have to be? ...I think not very.

Ok- Awesome leather racing suit. $900.00

http://www.joerocket.com/affiliates/cyclespecialties/product.cfm?products_id=1099

Life as a paraplegic/amputee, if you are lucky would cost magnitudes more than that.

Sure it will be hot- but on a bike how long do you actually have to have it on? 13 seconds at the longest?

Pretty easy decision people.

Not trying to create a argument but I went up there and they told me that 13 second rule and not to worry about a helment. They told me I did need one but also dont worry about it. They didnt seem to strict on it. I ran mid 13's with my mustang with out a helment. There was not an issue. I dont have a problem with wearing one. Just wondering if you are going to be like that towards the rules. I dont even know what I will run in the EVO. I can launch it decently now, and I am running 20psi. Any thaughts?

Not trying to create a argument but I went up there and they told me that 13 second rule and not to worry about a helment. They told me I did need one but also dont worry about it. They didnt seem to strict on it. I ran mid 13's with my mustang with out a helment. There was not an issue. I dont have a problem with wearing one. Just wondering if you are going to be like that towards the rules. I dont even know what I will run in the EVO. I can launch it decently now, and I am running 20psi. Any thaughts?

We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a fire jacket, but I'm not going to press this one. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Norwalk staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down a CR representative to tech you in.

I personally will be looking for fluids loose in the engine bay, or on the ground under the car. Skid panels, valences, airdams, heat shields, all need to be secure and not flopping around. No loose wiring or hoses flopping around in the engine bay... things that start a fire or cause leaks basically.

If your car is well maintained, youll be fine.. like anthony said, if you show up with something that lookins like it was in a bad boys movie, chances are your going home.

I personally will be looking for fluids loose in the engine bay, or on the ground under the car. Skid panels, valences, airdams, heat shields, all need to be secure and not flopping around. No loose wiring or hoses flopping around in the engine bay... things that start a fire or cause leaks basically.

If your car is well maintained, youll be fine.. like anthony said, if you show up with something that lookins like it was in a bad boys movie, chances are your going home.

Dont overdo it warden ;)

As long as people use common sense it will work out ok. As far as helmets its to keep you safe. You are going to be the one that signs the waiver. Sell something and go get a cheap one. If you plan on racing your car you will need it again anyway.

I wasnt bitching about it. I was getting a better understanding of the rules and if they were going to be inforced as norwalk staff did. Like I said, I have no problem wearing a helment. The strictness of it just depends if I have to drive back home and get it. I dont even know what I will run. What will my evo run. Sorry I messed up thought.

I wasnt bitching about it. I was getting a better understanding of the rules and if they were going to be inforced as norwalk staff did. Like I said, I have no problem wearing a helment. The strictness of it just depends if I have to drive back home and get it. I dont even know what I will run. What will my evo run. Sorry I messed up thought.

Its a CR meet. The rules are more relaxed but we want you to be safe. If your car runs a 13.8 we are not going to kick you out.

Full protective gear according to the NHRA is either a two-piece suit (leather jacket which zips to leather pants), or one-piece suit.

I don't have leather pants nor a one-piece suit. So can I ride?

Yes, you can ride, but you need full protective motorcycle gear. That can include padded pants/jeans, but it doesn't strictly mean a once-piece or a zipped two-piece.

Im wearing jeans...if anyone has a problem with it they can lick my balls.

-Marc

If you go faster than 120mph or quicker than 10.00, then you run the risk of being asked to leave.

-----

Just to make this clear, Anthony and I spoke and he is not involved with this. Other than the drag radial rule change, which is a CR rule, nothing else has changed. My post is exactly as the rules are. If you have questions, you need to talk to me.

As far as helmets, if you're in the 12-13 second range, I'm sure a "looking away" will probably happen. But try to get a helmet. You should have one anyway.

Before everyone tries to argue with Chris, remember that he doesnt make the rules. Norwalk has to keep certain guidelines for insurance purposes. There are still Norwalk employees there that reserve the right to ask you to leave. He is just trying to do what they have asked of him.

Dont overdo it warden ;)

As long as people use common sense it will work out ok. As far as helmets its to keep you safe. You are going to be the one that signs the waiver. Sell something and go get a cheap one. If you plan on racing your car you will need it again anyway.

Oh dont get me wrong, I im not going to be all hard core or anything, but were talking about a lot of very fast cars coming out, and it would be very easy for someone to drop a little bit of fluid that was hiding in the engine bay from a slow leak onto mid track and cause someone serious problems. If you have a puddle of anit freeze sitting atop your tranny, guess what, its fresh, youve got a leak, and you shouldnt be on the track.

The last thing id want to see is someone get hurt and a beautiful car destroyed. What ever Chris and Norwalk officials deligate to us as tech reps, is what ill stick to.

I can bring my extra two piece leathers and a pair of Kevlar padded jeans if a biker needs some gear. This is only going to affect a few people so with a little teamwork, we can get through it. I totally support the rules and would be more strict if this were my event but I respect the decisions of those in charge.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

I can bring my extra two piece leathers and a pair of Kevlar padded jeans if a biker needs some gear. This is only going to affect a few people so with a little teamwork, we can get through it. I totally support the rules and would be more strict if this were my event but I respect the decisions of those in charge.

Thank you for offering to help, Bob. I agree with you, if it were my event, the rules would be much tighter. People take their safety at the track for granted.

Yes, you can ride, but you need full protective motorcycle gear. That can include padded pants/jeans, but it doesn't strictly mean a once-piece or a zipped two-piece.

If you go faster than 120mph or quicker than 10.00, then you run the risk of being asked to leave.

-----

Just to make this clear, Anthony and I spoke and he is not involved with this. Other than the drag radial rule change, which is a CR rule, nothing else has changed. My post is exactly as the rules are. If you have questions, you need to talk to me.

As far as helmets, if you're in the 12-13 second range, I'm sure a "looking away" will probably happen. But try to get a helmet. You should have one anyway.

Anthony and I talked Friday night. He said jeans were not a problem. I paid money based on that conversation.

That would be awesome. You wouldn't happen to be tall would ya?