Further Norwalk Information - READ ME

excell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satan, I'm 6'0 200 so if you can fit the suit you can wear it.
Actually, Iron Pony has a helluva good deal on Teknic gear. I picked up a leather jacket and leather pants that zip together for $200 total. Damn good deal. Thanks anyways Kawboy.

I just got off the phone with Norwalk, if you are on a bike and run slower than 9.99 in the quarter all that you are required to wear is:

Leather Jacket (i'm sure textile is fine...just has to have armor)

Full Helmet with eye protection (Face shield is good)

Gloves

She said those are the minimum requirements; she still suggests wearing leather pants but they are NOT REQUIRED IF YOU ARE RUNNING SLOWER THAN 9.99. There was no trap speed requirment...

-Marc

I just got off the phone with Norwalk, if you are on a bike and run slower than 9.99 in the quarter all that you are required to wear is:

Leather Jacket (i'm sure textile is fine...just has to have armor)

Full Helmet with eye protection (Face shield is good)

Gloves

She said those are the minimum requirements; she still suggests wearing leather pants but they are NOT REQUIRED IF YOU ARE RUNNING SLOWER THAN 9.99. There was no trap speed requirment...

-Marc

I'll have some extra gear (helmets, jackets, gloves, etc). Hopefully nobody will get kicked out.

Just because I'm a newb and know nothing about bike gear I'm going to ask this. What if you buy regular jeans and wear knee pads, shin gaurds, etc on top or under your jeans? Does the protection have to be attached to the pants, or can they be seperate is what Im asking I guess...

NHRA Rules for Bikes:

* 9.99 (6.39) - LICENSE (NHRA)

* 10.99 (6.95) - IGNITION CUT OFF

* 120 MPH AND UP - FULL LEATHERS OR SFI SUIT

* 120 MPH AND DOWN - LEATHER JACKET

* ALL BIKES - LEATHER BOOTS, GLOVES

Isn't Norwalk IHRA? or did that change last year? I forget.

Sweet. I've got a trailer for it. I just wasn't sure if I had to have plates... but on a side note, how the hell can I get plates for it without a memorandum title or registration.. all I had was 30day tags on it before it went down.. ???