Anyone live off Worthington-Galena? Or close by?

Bam

I'm preparing to make an offer on a house on a cul-de-sac near Worthington-Galena and Campus View and I'm curious if anyone lives near there has anything to say?

I'd worried about the potential traffic issue, seeing as how 23n off 270 ALWAYS looks busy, but I work just south of 270 on 23 that it'd be an awesome commute.

I'm wondering where I could find out info on parks/recreation places, and I'm checking into which schools we'd be sending our daughter to, just to check.

Anyone have anything to say about the area? If not, ignore my posts, lol, just making the biggest purchase of my life and it doesn't hurt to ask.

A few of my friends in high school lived in that area and there parents still do, great neighborhood traffic on sancus can get bad but other than that a great neighborhood to rasie a family and good schools as well

sweet, that's what I like to hear. I drove through a few different times of the day and noticed quite a few families with younger kids, like mine. And the guy that's selling the house is only selling it because his youngest just went off to college and he's moving, so that's a plus to know I guess.

it seems like taking that road to polaris might be faster to get to the hwy?

I think I used to live in that neighborhood, if i read that correctly. Good area but traffic right outside off Crosswoods SUCKS during lunch/ruch hour.

definitely hear ya on the traffic thing, I work on wilson bridge...

but how close is polaris, because i think if you go the other way on galena it takes you there, right? wonder if that way is busy to 71?

damn, slate hill is close, says less than 1 mile, but the other two are over 3 miles away, not huge, but where i grew up everything was less than 4 blocks, and they were small blocks, lol. I just wanted a small community for my daughter to grow up in, but we probably won't be there through highschool, never know, hopefully I'm making more in 10 years, ya know?

thanks for the info guys, any complaints on the school systems?

My mother teaches 4th grade at Slate Hill. ;)

Something you should know, though: the district is in planning to split schools up. Slate Hill would be like grades k-3 and then another school will have 4-6 (or something along these lines). This means your kid will be going to TWO different Worthington elementaries.

My mother teaches 4th grade at Slate Hill. ;)

Something you should know, though: the district is in planning to split schools up. Slate Hill would be like grades k-3 and then another school will have 4-6 (or something along these lines). This means your kid will be going to TWO different Worthington elementaries.

Any idea why they are doing this? Is this already decided or just something they're considering? Any idea when it would take effect? Where could I find more information?

Since you're mom's a teacher, is it weird for people to walk through a school years before their kids will attend, but because they are buying in the neighborhood? does that make sense? lol, its 3am

Any idea why they are doing this? Is this already decided or just something they're considering? Any idea when it would take effect? Where could I find more information?

They're planning on doing it either next year or the year after. It isn't definite yet, though. It is supposed to help each school's environment be more focused on specific age groups. I don't think you can find any more information yet because nobody is supposed to know yet....oops. I don't think it'd be a problem to check out schools before you move in.

I live just a little north of that off, Flint and Park. I have been living there in an apartment for over 2 years now and really like the area. It seems to be pretty quite in the evenings and does seem to have a lot of young families living in the area. My wife and I are looking to buy a house in the area in the next year or so. As for parks, there are plenty. Highbanks Metro Park is just up 23 almost to Lewis Center. Also there are plenty of little parks all over that area. I am always taking my dog for a walk at the Flint park. It is a nice little park and it never seems very busy. Polaris is really just a jump skip up the road. Just get on Sancus and drive north and you will dead end right into Polaris. Since you said you work on Wilson Bridge road, I would just jump onto 23. Since you are going on the other side of 270, just stay in the left lanes on 23 and you will move pretty good. Getting off Campus View onto 23 at times can take a little bit of time because of all the businesses and people going turning to get onto 270. But like I said, all in all it seems to be a good area. I know where I live, it is a Westerville address, Worthington school district, and Columbus taxes.