world news, in other parts of the world

Akula

why is it that when I am in the US I hear pretty much US only news? When I am in England I hear about stuff from all over the world, US news, and everything else. I was asked by a cab driver today on my way to my customer site at Heathrow, about a problem we are having in the US with the current housing market.

I go to cnn.com and the lead in story is about a polygamist, nothing on the front page about Burma. I hate that when I travel around the UK I get to hear about how Americans don't know about this or that. Damn media doesn't feed it to us. BBC for everyone, stop the ignorance.

yeah, its pretty bad here. im taking a course this semester about the news... and its interesting to see how even historically, its been like that.

i remember when bush went to rome 3 or 4 years ago, american press showed the pope shaking bush's hand and being all friendly. the italian news showed bush getting yelled at by the pope.

political awareness and international stuff has just never been a part of american culture.

I like not hearing about it, it was depressing hearing all that shit, while we were in France and Italy. The only TV station in english in the evening was the BBC. Anyway don't we have our own problems to address? Those are enough for me, I am tired of my tax dollars going overseas to keep others safe.