Yamaha dealership @ iron Pony.

jagr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, not a repost as many thought it to all be rumors. I and a few others knew for sure, but until officially "official", there were doubters out there.

All I know is that Columbus needs a dealer that actually is a good dealer AND has accessories. The way they will do things is going to be new and will also be really cool.

Think about it... Buy a bike and walk over to the 100,000 square foot accessory showroom. You're sure to find what you need for your new Yamaha. Plus, it can be financed into the deal! Tell me a shop that can do that now...

Yeah, I knew it was coming a long time ago, but didn't know when it was going to happen! I wish them the best of luck, it seems like they will do good. They have moved up from the little shack they were at years ago (across the street)!

wow Lizard. I never thought about it that way.

Plus if they do a buy a bike get $$$ store credit, that would be great.

I hope I'd works out for them witoyt doing to much damage to other dealers. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I'm sure this will also add a job or two ad well.

Does anyone know if they are picking up any other brands?

wow Lizard. I never thought about it that way.

Plus if they do a buy a bike get $$$ store credit, that would be great.

I hope I'd works out for them witoyt doing to much damage to other dealers. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I'm sure this will also add a job or two ad well.

Does anyone know if they are picking up any other brands?

The thing about competition is true. However, realize that each dealer in the CBuc market has all but given up on accessories. Sure, they have some, but typically, it is only what the TR and PU rep pedal and not really what the riders as a whole want or need.

I've been in quite a few of the area stores and they actually believe that Pony sells for WAY less and gives shit away. That's a scenario that plays favorably in Pony's hands. The second thing is that dealers won't carry what Pony does - which is pretty much every brand. That's a shame. They have the EXACT same opportunity to make GOOD money on accessories.

How many times (if you have bought from a local dealer) have you purchased a bike only to want a certain accessory and have to order it because the dealer doesn't have it in stock. Or, they only carry a certain exhaust because it is what they get the cheapest from TR or PU. Two Bros., Yosh (entry level systems), Scorpion... It's a damn shame and until they get it, they will have a TON of money going over to Pony...

The OEM bike deal is something that I think will cater well to Pony. Yamaha is one of the best OEMs to have right now. They limit production so stuff isn't given away for free as much as the other brands - meaning, it is harder to get units compared to say, Honda. The other thing is that while not pleasing to a lot of sportbike riders, STAR motorcycle accessories and related are a top seller in a LOT of Yamaha stores. Along with side by sides and ATV.

That being said, having the OEM in house now helps them to carry accessories for that brand. So, another item that will put a large dent in the local dealers is OEM accessories...

As far as other OEMs, I think it is only natural to expect they will someday. When is an answer only the owner knows. They have a lot of ideas on the table at any given time and look at them constantly. The cool thing is that they do not move into something w/o a lot of research and thus, one of the reasons they succeed a lot.

good idea for sure, and it would make it easy to talk a salesman into some free accessories when you buy a bike from them.

Free accessories don't exist. Free helmets, for example is something that is actually rolled into the unit price. It looks free, but you're still paying for it.

Go into ANY shop and get to the lowest dollar amount you can get. THEN ask for a free Arai RX-7RR Hopkins replica. Good luck...

Even if you get a rock bottom price, I am willing to bet you get a Sparxx, Vega, THH, or KBC for free. Nothing you'd really want if you were a veteran rider. Newbies love it because they don't know any better...

• 2 weeks later...
maaaaaaan, i wish i lived closer to the pony

the best i have now is cycle specialties

CS is a good dealer. They understand the accessories thing. They are plagued with space - lack of, actually. They do have a lot of cool items that range from MX to street and everything in between. I think they do a good job.

CS is a good dealer. They understand the accessories thing. They are plagued with space - lack of, actually. They do have a lot of cool items that range from MX to street and everything in between. I think they do a good job.

the one by me used to be called shipps, but yeah, they carry an okay amount of stuff. the good thing is that they're a yamaha dealer, so anything i need is right around the corner. i just hear great things about the pony.