Banking people/People who work at banks

Sam1647545489

$10k cash automatically flags the system to do a report, BUT a teller or any bank person can flag ANY deposit at any time. And even if the person at the bank doesnt flag it, the back room still can at any time, like if you were to deposit cash at different times or banks, they are very good at what they do,

what are you trying to avoid or cover up? Why even ask this question on a public forum?

I get so sick of the government in our business. What business is it of theirs if I stuff $20's in my mattress for ten years then deposit it into a bank. The sooner our country gets rid of the IRS and Federal reserve the better. :mad:

Banks can set their reporting limits to any amount they want. There are regulated amounts they must report on for the government (i.e. 10k for Patriot Act), but their analysts can view reports for any amount they plug in.

They can also create reporting that shows that top X number of transactions per day/week/month.

I often withdrawal and deposit 10k+ for buying or selling a car, but I'm not worried about it since I'm not doing anything illegal.

Yeah, it's really only a problem if you outright have something to hide. I haven't had a bit of a problem moving cash or checks in excess of 10k at a time, but then again I'm not a drug dealer or international tycoon trying to skirt income taxes...

Trust me it isnt anything illegal. We had a big concrete job where I made some decent money off of and got paid 1/2 in cash, and I want to deposit it into my account without paying on it.

If you're trying to avoid an audit trail, then break up the deposit beyond 30 days, or better yet, give the cash to a few friends/family and have them write you checks in return.

i made a rather large cash deposit into National City back during the summer...we're talking a brown bag full of money :D no questions were asked, all the teller told me was because the amount was greater than $10k only $2k were immediately available, the rest would be in increments of $5K/week.