I hate Mercedes!!

Amy

Ok so the other day I notice my "check engine" light came on in the Benz. Plus a few other little things that needed to be taken care of. So I missed my apt this morning and had to go in a little later. I go in knowing that I have 100k mile warranty I purchased, thinking the charge wouldnt be hardly anything since I bought a 4k dollar warranty for the pile of shit.

Oh well.. "Service E" is a oil change, brake inspection and wiper inspec. which costs $584.00. Then to pull my "check engine" code is another $155.00 just to tell me what's wrong with it. There is another charge of $135.00 to look at the cup holder and cubby hole to see what is wrong with them. THEN IF, they are covered under the warranty, they will be replaced, if not I get to pay to have them replaced....

So can someone tell me what the fuck a extended fucking warranty is for then?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertrain?

You should have a little booklet that tells you what's covered.

Nope never got anything like that. Hell I still haven't got the extra key they were supposed to have for me 3 months ago or the fucking phone that came with the car!!

To change the oil, inspect the brakes and wipers, costs $584? This is about 10 minutes in labor and maybe 30 dollars in parts. Sorry, that's where you lost me. Spending $4000 on an extended warranty, at that scale, should earn you, oh, a replacement gas cap. IF the current gas cap fails under a circumstance not related to your removing it or reinstalling it. IF.

Alot of extended warranties can also be cashed in basically. You call get warranty canceled and they mail you a check for the remaining balance of the extended warranty. Not sayin it is that easy but a good way to get some money back from being screwed over.

Alot of extended warranties can also be cashed in basically. You call get warranty canceled and they mail you a check for the remaining balance of the extended warranty. Not sayin it is that easy but a good way to get some money back from being screwed over.

Took 6 months for the dealership to get me a check when I sold mine back, and that was after a few conversations with the dealership manager. They will drag their feet to get your money back to you, or in my case "lose" the paperwork.

$600 for a oil change, brake, and wiper inspection? That is insane!!

Took 6 months for the dealership to get me a check when I sold mine back, and that was after a few conversations with the dealership manager. They will drag their feet to get your money back to you, or in my case "lose" the paperwork.

$600 for a oil change, brake, and wiper inspection? That is insane!!

If it is a dealership sold warranty its very difficult. Alot of the warranties are outside companies doing them and they are much easier to get the money back from.

I worked for a dealership and extended warranties and paint protection 2 biggest rip offs a dealerships has. Not because they are not good products or services but because they are very overpriced.

Its a 2003 E-320 ... Yeah just got the news that its thousands of dollars to fix the wheel bearing, the cup holder, and change oil, and the other tiny things that need done. Warranty doesnt cover ANYTHING! OMG Pissed isnt the word right now.. ready to fly off the handle would be a better terminology!

Im getting a copy of the warranty that was $3800 dollars and taking that and the car to the fucking Lexus of Dublin dealer that I bought it from and going the fuck off on them! This is retarded! No customer service at fucking all!

WOW,,,

I bought gently used as well.

It was Factory CPO, and came with warranty as well to 100k or 6years ect.

The only thing I have is a $50 co-pay for any warranty repairs/issues.

Had almost as much done in work as I have paid thus far, no real complaints.

Ok so the other day I notice my "check engine" light came on in the Benz. Plus a few other little things that needed to be taken care of. So I missed my apt this morning and had to go in a little later. I go in knowing that I have 100k mile warranty I purchased, thinking the charge wouldnt be hardly anything since I bought a 4k dollar warranty for the pile of shit.

Oh well.. "Service E" is a oil change, brake inspection and wiper inspec. which costs $584.00. Then to pull my "check engine" code is another $155.00 just to tell me what's wrong with it. There is another charge of $135.00 to look at the cup holder and cubby hole to see what is wrong with them. THEN IF, they are covered under the warranty, they will be replaced, if not I get to pay to have them replaced....

So can someone tell me what the fuck a extended fucking warranty is for then?

Oil changes, brakes, clutches, tires etc are all WEARABLE parts meaning they wear out and it is not covered in warranty work. If your motor were to come apart for no reason under that 100K miles, and it was to no fault of your own, then it would therefore be covered within warranty. $155 for a scan is a bit much which I agree. Time to get a new mechanic, there are a lot cheaper mechanics that work on Germanic autos out there.

Just curious was this an "aftermarket" warranty or a manufacterer warranty? I know Manu. warranties can be fairly painless but aftermarket companies or companies that sell warranties can be hard to deal with sometimes. Mostly because they dispute almost all work that has to be done and the price of such work aswell.

Sounds like you got a janky deal.

I'd tell you where to bring it, but I'm not allowed anymore.

Most of the stuff should be fixable at any regular shop. You're going to pay a little more usually, but that's because of part prices.

A girl at work took her C class in to get a check engine light checked and why the engine was sputtering. They called her at work and told her that it was a PCV valve and a blown vacuum hose and it would be $785 to repair. Needless to say I took her to get her car and replaced the valve and reconnected the hose in their parking lot.

crooks

I used to do warranty customer relations work for BMW, basically (I assume 'cedes is the same) if it gets splashed with oil it is covered. Your warranty is for manufacturer defects in parts, materials and labor. wear and tear isn't covered.

BTW, you purchased a premium car, the parts cost piles of money. Just try buying that car thru the parts department.

Amy unless you are having a uncommen problem that requires the dealer "expertise" (being almost never). Most any shop can fix it and save you a shit pile of $. Hell for that matter guys like Derick and I can fix it in the driveway I take care of my lawyers 3 series for him all the time only problem we ever have is sometimes getting parts. A car is a car don't let people lie to you, Some makers electronics operate differantly and need dealer tools to scan them but that is only like 1% of the time that is needed.

Side note trade that heap in and get a Stang or at least a acura if you want a old fart car

This is one of the reasons that I tell people to avoid the eurotrash piles of shit. They are no better built than our piece of shit "american" cars and trucks, or the piece of shit asian cars and trucks. the biggest difference is the cost and availability of parts, and of course all of the propreitery electronic shit that things have. Sorry to hear that you have now joined the thousands of other eurotrash owners that are less than impressed with their shiny euro cars!

This is one of the reasons that I tell people to avoid the eurotrash piles of shit. They are no better built than our piece of shit "american" cars and trucks, or the piece of shit asian cars and trucks. the biggest difference is the cost and availability of parts, and of course all of the propreitery electronic shit that things have. Sorry to hear that you have now joined the thousands of other eurotrash owners that are less than impressed with their shiny euro cars!

I'm actually still quite in love with my "eurotrash" car. Warranty has covered everythinng that has gone wrong. It is exceptional in all weather and brutally stable at all speeds. I put 30k very abusive miles a year on her and she keeps ticking. Never left me stranded yet.

One day you'll grow up and want a real car.

;)

Hell, we usually pull codes for free if you give us a call ahead of time and let us know you are coming. We would rather pull the code and tell you whats wrong and try to be informative as possible. That is why we have the client base we have w/ no advertising.