this isnt suppose to happen right?

Janszen

Judging from the friction surface of his pressure plate it looks to be a bit warped.. which would indicate it needs to be resurfaced.. but it's smart to resurface both pressure plate and flywheel if possible.

Uhh, you replace the pressure plate, I cant think of a machine that could possibly resurface a diaphram pressure plate. On some older clutches it might be possible, but it is definantly not a "normal" thing to do.

im not trying to blame shit on dave really. dave is awesome. he let us use his shop instead of making us go somewhere else and have some other guy install the engine. he was there when we were stuck on something and didnt know what to do. I think what dave did was necessary to figure out a problem. im not saying at all that dave was responsible for this whole ordeal of the clutch being in peices. im just trying to make the only feasible explanation be presented to why the pressure plate is like that. we all know josh cant do donuts in that car. no traction in the front and way to much in the back for his setup.

josh the blue burn was smaller like this size thats on ur flywheel. it got bigger since we re installed it.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/posmustang/clutch.jpg

back to the point. this clutch was a defective one. its nobodys fault besides the machine that put it together

the blue is actually from the previous owner because he had to slip the clutch like crazy so it wouldnt die when putting it into gear because the old motor was shit. it would die unless he held high rpms and pulled out slowly

oh yeah i forgot about that.....duh

Also I think im going to end up getting a AISIN CLUTCH its pretty much TRD. higest holding pressure for street use.

If this is for a SW20 I know the perfect man to get you a great clutch for a good price. He has his SW20 turbo clutch listed as $375.

Illegal Garage specializes in making clutches mainly for Toyotas and they're solid as hell. He can make them to pretty much any spec, and if you mention you're a member of Club4ag.com(board I'm from where he normally deals through) he will give you a nice discount.

I had one on my 86' Corolla.. bought an 8 puck kevlar clutch for 250 shipped. I had absolutely no problems with fading after drifting and clutch kicking numerous times.

no it hasnt changed and you put a picture of the flywheel.. they were talking about the marks on the pressure plate

josh the blue burn was smaller like this size thats on ur flywheel. it got bigger since we re installed it.

I know what they were talking about but i was comparing since i dont have a pic of the pressure plate from back then.

so does this guy make clutchs out of his garage or what (the engine is a 3sge with a 93 turbo tranny) i believe