Battery/Trickle charger Question

Mc_spirited

My question is will it hurt my battery if i keep it in my room and put it on the trickle charger every week or so? will that strain it more than just having it on the charger constantly? I just dont want to keep it plugged in. I know that part of what hurts the battery is the cold, so if it is kept warm is it not as much of an issue? another reason i am wondering is because if i can save my friend from gettin a charger it will help him out, so i am hopin that puttin each one on for a few minutes each week will suffice.

Uh, been lookin' at same deal. Cars, I disconnect, and put the trickle charger on battery just every once in awhile. Riding mower, just replace when needed, do nuthin'. Bikes, got one o' dem battery maintainers....hook it up and it charges when needed and cycles to maintain. Just hook it up and leave it alone all winter. No work that way. You can just fiddle with it on and off, that way you can visit the bike thru the off season. BUT, don't use a car battery charger, unless ya like 'splosions and messes....ever see a battery puff out while it's smokin'?

Make sure it's a battery maintainer and specfic to bike!