Insurance Question

Radio Flyer1647545514

I got in a wreck yesterday.

Some girl ran a stop sign and I T-Boned her. My hood is slightly lifted with one dent in it. My quarter panel is dented in and there is space b/w my lights and quarter panel. My front bumper is dented and has paint on it. My fog lights are also out of place.

Car 88 325i.

There is paint missing, so how will that most likely work out with getting a paint match? Will they be able to fix the bowed hood or will I get a new one?

Quarter panel?

Just trying to get a geustimate on what will happen.

Nothing was causing me any problems. But I dont think my fan was working so that should be something I am definitely gonna bitch about!

I know it will all be fixed. All I am worried about is the paint. If it is not a perfect match, I'm gonna bitch to all hell.

hood - depends where its bent. hoods have a crush zone in the middle. if its bent there its an automatic replacement. if not then it will probably be fixed for about 2hrs @ ~$45/hr.

quater will be repaired

what do you mean there is paint missing? was it already missing. ins companies are only responsible to put you veh back to pre loss condition. so if paint was missing before it will be missing after unless you want to pay the difference.

without pics I can't really tell you much. but with the year of your veh it might be a total loss. stuff adds up quick. airbags blow?

what ins company will be taking care of your dmg? I am claims adjuster for progressive, if you have any questions just ask.

Eric

so she didn't have insurance? if thats the case you need to report it to your ins company. they will take care of your damages and go after her for the money. it really dosen't matter where it happened. the only thing that really affects it is no citations are issued on private property, so its harder to prove who is at fualt.

Ok, it is not totalled. And this car is in excellent condition. It only has 109k on it. Paint was in pristine condition. Car was mechanically sound. RUST FREE! Convertible.

correct but the insurance company is not going to want to spend the money to have it fixed when the car is worth maybe 2500. Its cheaper for them to write it off as totaled then it would be for them to repair. If they total it out by it back Fix it your self and have it repainted.

Well my car is valued KBB at 4100 for it's cond.

What AllState said was to call the the owners insurance, so I did and I filed a claim.

They had State Farm.

Pics in a bit. It really was not bad on my part of the car but hers just sucked.

My car was a minty 88 BMW, clean paint, minor scratches. 109k on it. Everything in working order. Completely rust free so...

Pictures of it.

Shitty phone pics but...

Hood

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RekartsNayr/1014071525.jpg

1/4 panel-

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RekartsNayr/1014071524.jpg

Bumper

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RekartsNayr/1014071522.jpg

What AllState said was to call the the owners insurance, so I did and I filed a claim.

They had State Farm.

Pics in a bit. It really was not bad on my part of the car but hers just sucked.

My car was a minty 88 BMW, clean paint, minor scratches. 109k on it. Everything in working order. Completely rust free so...

They will not base the value on the high person to person retail. Most likely it will be based on trade in value. It does not matter if it the cleanest 325 in America, they still go by the trade in value. Being an 88 with 109k, just be prepared for State Farm to total it. I work with the personal injury portion of the accident everyday, I am just speaking from what i have seen over ten years in practice.

The good thing that you have is the liability carrier is State Farm. Out of all the insurance companies they are the most fair.

They will not base the value on the high person to person retail. Most likely it will be based on trade in value. It does not matter if it the cleanest 325 in America, they still go by the trade in value. Being an 88 with 109k, just be prepared for State Farm to total it. I work with the personal injury portion of the accident everyday, I am just speaking from what i have seen over ten years in practice.

The good thing that you have is the liability carrier is State Farm. Out of all the insurance companies they are the most fair.

ins companies use NADA high retail...........or at least progressive does.

beleive it or not they are very fair in their values.

but all that damage looks repairable........and I don't see it being totaled.

When I got into my accident (i had the green, no fault) my father and I prepared a document of printouts from autotrader, various sites of my car, trim etc. My accord was also in good shape like yours, and they gave me market value for that car at the time, which was more than I paid for. It was enough for my RX-7 and the oil cooler it needed plus repair, and then a LOT left over. Be rational, and prepare documents showing condition and current values of your car in pristine condition. It helped me, but we were dealing with Grange. I don't know how State Farm/Allstate will work with that.

yes you can request a market value. but you car is not totaled so you don't have to worry about that.

best way to handle it is to have them cut you a check for the damages and fix them on your own. great way to pocket some cash..........

Yeah. Only thing is, I'm worried about the paint, and how the quarter panel will be replaced. It does not fit around my lights correctly so just pulling the dents wont work. The hood is bowed so I donno. I can pull the dents because I can get ahold of a suction cup in a phone call.

How will the paint part work? I'm sure it will be pretty hard to match it to what it is now.

They had State Farm.

State Farm uses the 'Red Book' to figure the value of your car and I bet the Red Book says your car is less than $4100. The Red Book takes average values of cars in the state of Ohio.

I found this out when State Farm tried to total my 89 GT after it got broken into.

Good luck with your problem.