Body, Paint and Detailing

Clifford Automotive

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can I have a quote on a 99' camaro, jambs included. I'll have the car sanded, prepped and paint included if i do it.

let me know what your prep work is and how its going to be done and what type of paint you are going to supply and then i can give you a quote.

i dont normally paint a car that someone else has prepped.

Anthony, I was just as Kevin's shop and saw your car. I decided I'd like to further support our sponsor so I hit your car with a sledge hammer. I didn't think you'd mind.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!

Here's my 2 scenarios.

1. the car is sanded, taped off and primed.... how much to spray a cheap white, clear, sanded, and buff (or whatever it is to make it shine)

2. the car is sanded and taped.. .whould need to be primed, sprayed, cleared, sanded, and buffed

prices on both jobs, a 2 door coupe.

1. I will not retape the car. If you taped a window and it overlaps a panel when the tape is pulled the panel will show a spot where the taped over laped. I have to rescuff the car. The primer must be compatible with my paint system. It will only cost you half as much as I would normally charge. I do not guarantee the paint job.

2. Follows number 1. but cost you 3/4 as much as I normally charge.

Point being. I really dont paint cars that someone else has prepped.

I stand behind all my work. If you were to use OEM parts alignment would not be an issue. If you were to use an aftermarket part I can not guarantee alignment on these parts. Some fit nicely some dont fit too well at all. As for paint goes, if there is ever a problem with it, I will fix it as long as you own the vehicle. Thats only if it is a defect caused by me.