Paint/Body Shop

UNV MI Z

I went to look at a 2002 Chevy blazer for my wife today. Decent truck except for 2 things. The rear bumper and end bumper piece will need to be replaced. Owner's wife was hit, it's not only dented but also cracked and bent.

I've located the parts online to replace and looks like it will cost under $250 for both pieces. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to take the Blazer to have these 2 new pieces painted? I can replace the pieces myself, but would need to have someone paint them.

I'm not a body person, so should I just take the pieces somewhere and have them painted? Or should I put the new pieces on and then take the truck and have them painted? I talked to my buddy who recently had some insurance work done for basically the same thing, only on an S10, and he said they ended up painting the new pieces as well as repainted the tailgate and entire side of the bed to blend the paint to match better. Is this what I should have done?

The Blazer is White in color, and overall the paint is in decent condition. My wife is just worried that if we just get the replacement parts painted that it will be very noticable.

I haven't bought the truck yet, so I am trying to get an idea of how much this type of work would cost. It would be coming out of my pocket, so the cheaper the better, but I would like it to be a quality job.

So if anyone could maybe give me an idea of what would be best to do, and how much it would COST, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Seth

i could get it done for somewhere around $75- $100, it just depends on what pieces, is it the bumper extensions that go long the quarter or is it just the face bar. whites a fairly easy color to tint and match, it still needs blended at times but for a bumper is should not be a problem. hell look and 75% of cars you see the bumpers dont match the fenders or quarters and its like that from the factory

The paint code is WA8624

Some whites need blended. I just painted the side of a white Odyssey and I had to blend it. Its all depends really. If your looking for a cheaper fix then I would recommend having the parts painted off the vehicle.

Theres a good chance that if someone just painted the parts and put them on before you looked at the vehicle you would not have noticed. That being said, I really dont think a panel job is out of the question for terms of being noticeable.

Feel free to PM me or call them number in the left of my sig.