Q45 Photo-choot 10/22/07 -56k good luck!

Farkas

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/smilies/getout.gif

I have an appreciation for almost all automotive scenes. I enjoy seeing each persons individual craftsmenship of their car. There are things that are unique to your car b/w the build story and the outcome. Same with these guys. The VIP scene is quite interesting, sort of like a sophisticated branch off of the lowrider scene.

People that hang out with me can attest that i have a VERY wide variety of cars that i think are "neat" and it is hard to pinpoint the one scene that i like the most.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they are too stupid to buy the correct width of tire that goes on that rim because the sidewall will be to high for the look. So they stretch a skinnier tire on a Deep dish rim. BTW why doesn't your VIP 80 Rolla have the ultra negative camber?

Because the rear end of the corolla is solid rear axle..

I will be running a decent amount of camber on the front once I get it running again.

Not gonna lie, i think it's pretty sweet. I'm a huge fan of the big cars being modded like this, keep posting update pics. Does the rear tire sit more upright when the bags are raised? (not referring to your car necessarily) Btw, that G50 pic is the shit.

To all opposed, it's his car to be proud of so let him be, he never said you HAVE to like it.

you are dead to me :nono:

it would look sweet without that much camber. is it really worth making a car completely undriveable just to have a slightly bigger wheel? its about finding what flows right, not cramming the biggest wheel possible on a car. just my opinion.

That retarded camber is the poor man's way of cheaping out of doing the correct things to fit a wide wheel under there. It looks retarded, at that extreme level it has to hurt handling, and wears the crap out of the tires.

Congrats to all the VIP tards that think they are looking upscale, when it really looks like they just cheaped out.

BTW, what culture?? Copying idiot Japanese kids who try to copy other stuff from idiot US kids? Of course, Cap'n drifter likes the ice dancing of motorsports too.........

BTW, I don't mind Q's either. Nothing I desire to own, but nothing against them.

I personally like the VIP look. However it does make the car pretty impractical, it's a far cry from rice though. It does have a certain touch of class, just not something we're used to here in the states. We all have different tastes and after all that's what makes the whole car modding thing fun. If all the cars were the same it would get boring pretty fast. More power to ya man. Do it up however ya want, just do it true to whatever you're trying to achieve.

it would look sweet without that much camber. is it really worth making a car completely undriveable just to have a slightly bigger wheel? its about finding what flows right, not cramming the biggest wheel possible on a car. just my opinion.

It's not completely undriveable. Most of those cars with rediculous camber sit on airbags.

It doesn't really wear your tires as much as you'd like to think. I run over 2 degrees negative and have driven over 12k miles and my tires still look fine.

i think his car looks hot.....i like the other car but the camber is craziness. Keep posting pics cuz im a fan...just dont throw some big dubs that you have to camber like that.

I definately won't be Dubbin'.. I'm just going with a really mild wheel setup

I'm really looking at a set of these..

http://og-made.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/wx1.jpg

AME Shallen WX wheels

F: 19x9, +10 ET, HI disk

R: 19x10, +10 ET, LO disk

I shouldn't have to run any camber, just a mild tire stretch and I will have a nice, flush fit.

BTW, what culture?? Copying idiot Japanese kids who try to copy other stuff from idiot US kids? Of course, Cap'n drifter likes the ice dancing of motorsports too...

some say VIP/Executive styling go back to the days where Yakuza and Japanese Gangs were prevalent.. Not so much anymore but many people believe that's where the roots started showing up.

well. You've definately got stones posting those pictures with this crowd.

I'll play devil's advocate...how much camber are you currently running in the rear? I'm assuming you had it aligned after putting the suspension on like you should have correct?

I'm a fan of the clean slammed sedan with wheels look. I think it can be very attractive and give a nice edge to a car without making it look tasteless. Unfortunately that's a very fine line, and it will exist at different points for everyone.

couple examples I pulled off google quickly

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/wheels/autocouture/e55magnj.jpg

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/wheels/autocouture/e55latix.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/06/khan-audi-a8-(resized-450).jpg

I'm personally not a big fan of the curtains, but that's once again that invisible line that everyone puts somewhere else.

The rear camber looks exaggerated on the stock wheels and I'm willing to bet that if you were in the -2.5-ish range with a bigger set of wheels that it wouldn't look out of place at all.

well. You've definately got stones posting those pictures with this crowd.

I'll play devil's advocate...how much camber are you currently running in the rear? I'm assuming you had it aligned after putting the suspension on like you should have correct?

I'm a fan of the clean slammed sedan with wheels look. I think it can be very attractive and give a nice edge to a car without making it look tasteless. Unfortunately that's a very fine line, and it will exist at different points for everyone.

couple examples I pulled off google quickly

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/wheels/autocouture/e55magnj.jpg

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/wheels/autocouture/e55latix.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/06/khan-audi-a8-(resized-450).jpg

I'm personally not a big fan of the curtains, but that's once again that invisible line that everyone puts somewhere else.

The rear camber looks exaggerated on the stock wheels and I'm willing to bet that if you were in the -2.5-ish range with a bigger set of wheels that it wouldn't look out of place at all.

Oh, I realize exactly what you're saying.. and I knew I would hear shit from people but the fact of the matter is, who else is going to introduce knowledge to the community? Some could care less, others will hate and then there are people that can relate with my taste. I'm not out preaching anything, I just want to share something I'm happy about.

As far as how much camber I'm running in the rear right now, I would say no more than -2.5. I actually JUST got these installed a night or two ago so I really haven't had the time to get it aligned. Best I could do from the comfort of my own garage installing all the aftermarket Toe-Arms and Rear Upper Camber Arms is eyeball and take measurements over and over again. I have to get ahold of someone on these boards that said they could get my low ass car on the alignment rack.. that's my biggest problem right now, because there's literally 3-4 inches below my catalytic converters.

I don't want a bunch of camber in the rear because I don't find it too attractive myself, but If it's a must to make the size and offset wheels I want to fit, then so be it. I tend to be very Mild on the whole, "Wild VIP" style look, and I prefer a clean/sleek look over something rediculous. Slowly it will come together, and everyone will get the whole picture.. love it or hate it.

It's not completely undriveable. Most of those cars with rediculous camber sit on airbags.

It doesn't really wear your tires as much as you'd like to think. I run over 2 degrees negative and have driven over 12k miles and my tires still look fine.

i knew i recognized that car... and dont wave at me in public like a fairy princess anymore... its embarassing. A simple nod will suffice.

As far as how much camber I'm running in the rear right now, I would say no more than -2.5. I actually JUST got these installed a night or two ago so I really haven't had the time to get it aligned. Best I could do from the comfort of my own garage installing all the aftermarket Toe-Arms and Rear Upper Camber Arms is eyeball and take measurements over and over again. I have to get ahold of someone on these boards that said they could get my low ass car on the alignment rack.. that's my biggest problem right now, because there's literally 3-4 inches below my catalytic converters.

I don't want a bunch of camber in the rear because I don't find it too attractive myself, but If it's a must to make the size and offset wheels I want to fit, then so be it. I tend to be very Mild on the whole, "Wild VIP" style look, and I prefer a clean/sleek look over something rediculous. Slowly it will come together, and everyone will get the whole picture.. love it or hate it.

I think you can find a happy medium that will allow you to run a bit of camber for fit without going to crazy on tire wear. Offset and total width is going to be the most important.

Some of the pictures you posted had upwards of -4 or -5 degrees camber which I'm thinking they have airbags and the rear wheels are only like that when sitting still and it's dropped. They probably drive on less camber

smokey the bear above me runs 18's and about -2.3* rear camber and looks good, but thats about the most you can go, that one pic looks stupid, -1-1.5 isnt gonna hoe out tires and still handles good, but if the guy drove around with that 7-8* of camber in that one pic, i'd say 2000 miles and the tires would be to the cords.

Correct me if i am wrong, but after looking at lowrider trucks it seems the camber is crazy when the bags are down, but when they lift back up the camber straightens out? Or is the camber not as noticeable when the car is up?

Dan you can quit hating....you know i have a sweet spot for big slammed cars lol.

Correct me if i am wrong, but after looking at lowrider trucks it seems the camber is crazy when the bags are down, but when they lift back up the camber straightens out? Or is the camber not as noticeable when the car is up?

Dan you can quit hating....you know i have a sweet spot for big slammed cars lol.

as the ride height changes, so does the camber... hence the need for camber correction kits for slammed econo boxes. Cars that raise and lower by themselves have suspension geometry that remains relitively unchanged with a 1" or 2" change in ride height, I.E. Lamborghini Galleardo. It has a setting to lift the nose when going over a speed bump, but during this function, the geometry of the wheels stays relitively unchanged, even when riasing the height more than 3".