Q45 Photo-choot 10/22/07 -56k good luck!

Farkas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the ride height changes, so does the camber... hence the need for camber correction kits for slammed econo boxes.

Take a lowrider truck for example, if it is "up" the wheels are relatively striaght up and down. When the truck is "down" could for example the front wheel have a major camber change to tuck into the fender.

I guess i am asking if camber can noticeably change on a bagged car/truck when it is raised and lowered by the air bags....

In all fairness, AJ, there are purists who would castrate you for what you have done with your Camaro, in the same manner that rotary fan boys are threatening my life.

there are people that think i should have went with a restore yes, but they still think its sick. if i put a 4 banger in there then that would ruffle feathers.

going from the coil-overs in the picture i would guess that the camber doesn't get any better:lol:

there are people that think i should have went with a restore yes, but they still think its sick. if i put a 4 banger in there then that would ruffle feathers.

going from the coil-overs in the picture i would guess that the camber doesn't get any better:lol:

The coilovers don't adjust the camber except for the camber plates up front.. That's the reason why I bought adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms and adjustable Toe-arms. Like stated.. I haven't had it aligned properly nor have I adjusted the camber myself. It's a complete IRS setup..

Take a lowrider truck for example, if it is "up" the wheels are relatively striaght up and down. When the truck is "down" could for example the front wheel have a major camber change to tuck into the fender.

I guess i am asking if camber can noticeably change on a bagged car/truck when it is raised and lowered by the air bags....

it depends on the change in static height from the factory camber angle center line. If you drive it up and it sits factory hieght, and drop it 3 or 4", then yes, its going to be noticable from the front if your paying attention... if you drop it an 1", then no, you wont see much difference.

it also depends on how far away the upper shock mount sits away from the vertical center line of the stance. The closer to the center line, the more travel in suspension that is allowed within acceptable camber change limits. Look at a RC truck... the shocks are mounted close to the center, and allow all kinds of compression w/o much change in camber. But when the shocks mount further away from center line, you have to sit the truck lower in order for the camber to be proper... or shorten the shock length.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z56/kutschca/internetsafe.jpg

as Derek stated, I'm running -2.5-ish on the rear of my car at all times. While it will certainly decrease the life I get out of the tires, I don't think it's going to do so DRASTICALLY. I'm sure with less camber I could nurse a couple thousand more miles out of them, but it'd be a bigger pain in the ass for Derek to have to adjust the rear camber all the time...haha. We tried that for a summer.

At this point I leave the rear where it's at, and adjust the front only (which is at my track setting of -3.5 in that picture).

This kinda reminds me of the "New Jack" era were people in the early 90's were taking Nissan Maximas and Sentras and putting 13Xwhatever Mclean wire wheels(sticking half the wheel out of the wheel well)adding some crazy looking lambo body kit,Chrome rocker panels/wheel wells and zebra print seat covers to there ride.I just love CR no matter how much you flame this kid he is still going to do it.Just be greatful its not your money he is spending its only a fad it will die just like the above mention did.

The hate on these forums never stops amazing me. Nice start with the Q. You on the vip forums? I dare not type the address for fear of the whole CR community comming over and flaming everyone to death untill the entire forum commits mass suicide. LOL.

Seriously though, how does it ride on coilovers compared to stock? Does it ride like a smaller car on coilovers? Like stiff as hell? Also what spring rates are on those bad boys?

All the smaller cars I put on coilover rode very smoothly. Thats what the coilover was designed for. Unless your buying ebay coilover or dont know how to use an adjustable coilover they should ride like a dream.

Car I built sitting on coilover rode like a Cadillac.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pacfb9c72174e87437a562e9ee5b73ebe/fc5d1932.jpg

My personal car that I drove. To bad I was shooting black and white that day. Dumped 4 inches on coilovers. Rode nice as hell. Handled like a dream.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid15/pd87bd063919ddd75fafd6cc2005964e5/fde485f0.jpg

Brought it up an inch after a friend wrecked it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid14/pa6b8eb4032d9e376750f62d58e7a13e5/fde1de35.jpg

Just for the hell of it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid14/pbdfe8e343e4491e103915b8def2bf6bf/fde151fb.jpg

The hate on these forums never stops amazing me. Nice start with the Q. You on the vip forums? I dare not type the address for fear of the whole CR community comming over and flaming everyone to death untill the entire forum commits mass suicide. LOL.

Seriously though, how does it ride on coilovers compared to stock? Does it ride like a smaller car on coilovers? Like stiff as hell? Also what spring rates are on those bad boys?

Yeah, I'm on Vipstylecars.com. There are a couple other sites that I visit but I'm not registered on any others. The ride is very, VERY comparable to stock believe it or not. The coilovers are 8Kf and 6Kr with a 32way inverted monotube design. The dampening on those bad boys is phenominally well done for this car.. I drive it absolutely slammed and it's smooth, very responsive and it doesn't necessarily feel like such a big car anymore.

That's nice to hear. You gotta post up more pics when u get some wheels on there.

I agree that coilovers are smooth on smaller cars like I have on my 97 240sx, but they are not comfortable at all is what i was getting at. They are not designed for comfort. They are designed to perform well on the track and stuff. I was wondering how they did on a luxury car designed to feel nice and look nice.