Attaining a drivers license / privalages for non us citizen?

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets
Does anybody here know what the protocol is for attaining a drivers license if you are not a U.S. Citizen. Is it possible? My Girlfriend is coming from Australia and I would like to know how or what ways we must work to attain one.

Is she coming for good or just a visit or on some type of visa(f-1, j-1 etc?) There is many stipulations and such but if she is just coming to visit then she will need to acquire an international drivers license from where she is from I believe for a small fee(that's how it is here)...Here you can purchase them from AAA...If she is here on visa then she would need all her identification(passport, visa, I-94, I-20) and have to take a drivers test to get a license...hope this helps some

I'll ask my g/f tomorrow what she did. She is here on a work Visa (from Canada), but should have her green card in less than a year.

On a Visa, it is a PITA. She has had to renew her license twice this year alone. Make sure your g/f has all her paperwork in order, as the BMV wants whatever they ask for, and it's different each time you go in.

Guest 614Streets
I'll ask my g/f tomorrow what she did. She is here on a work Visa (from Canada), but should have her green card in less than a year.

On a Visa, it is a PITA. She has had to renew her license twice this year alone. Make sure your g/f has all her paperwork in order, as the BMV wants whatever they ask for, and it's different each time you go in.

Ok good heads up.

Guest 614Streets
So what your saying is you met her online?

Its cool... its happens man. I bet she gives great head though.

LOL. Keeps me in shape with all that heavy lifting.