N/A vs power adder

V8 Beast

lsx guys have been beating there heads against the wall for years trying to get past 30psi pushing water (every pass) with o-ringed heads. while im sure the new 6 bolt heads will help out greatly they have not yet made an impact. Now im not a FI guy I Steered away about 3 years ago when I almost bought a twin kit. When I went to the larger CI engine it was nip and tuck between staying stock cubed and putting a 76 on it. I stayed with the big cube/nitrous idea because I cant get by the love i have of the exhaust note cars like Sam and I have. The nitrous cars are finally right behind the FI guys in the LSX world, the fastest nitrous car is about 4 tenths behind Turley. I have been kicking around the idea of a small hairdryer dual power adder system while I have the engine out this winter. Have to see what the money looks like. I do have 2 other nitrous kits i want to have ready for testing next year. so ill probably stay where im at. All the talk about being able to run more boost in a 4 cylinder than an eight makes me wonder how the high boost 8 cylinder diesels do it? It appears to me the gas engines are an inferior design compared to the 8 cylinder diesels or the 4g63

diesel is compression ignitied, very slow burning. its in their nature to run high on pressue

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

@ your psi - what fuel do you run?

you're revving factory valve train to 8-9000?

you're running a factory head bolt/non oringed block?

you can honostly show me the bmeps for a v8 and 4cyl that are making similar power in both #s and range - and don't think the 4cyl is under more stress?

The funny part about this whole thread, i am talking about a 2.0 liter stock mitsubishi block, crank and head. You 2 guys start comparing that to nascar motors and pro stock numbers....lol I guess thats a compliment...Thank you.

Hey, the 4g is a great platform - saw the BR evo run 172mph!!

keep in mind, there are very few FI designed v8s, you have what, the zr1 when it comes out? the terminator, gt40...

lets start comparing appless to appless

There is no such thing as too much power, just too little throttle control. If you have 2 million horse power you can eventually teach yourself how to get traction with it.

I think that's in your head, lol, theres a physical limit that a tire can take, its easier for dsm platforms since they drive 4...

I think that's in your head, lol, theres a physical limit that a tire can take, its easier for dsm platforms since they drive 4...

So I take it your gas pedal only has 2 settings... on and off :confused:

"Throttle control!!" Just because you have 2000rwtq and 2000rwhp does not mean you have to use it all at once. If you press down the gas pedal .05% are you going to break the tires loose????? The higher hp applications are just harder to control because their is a much smaller room for error.

Guest ihuntv8
@ your psi - what fuel do you run?

you're revving factory valve train to 8-9000?

you're running a factory head bolt/non oringed block?

you can honostly show me the bmeps for a v8 and 4cyl that are making similar power in both #s and range - and don't think the 4cyl is under more stress?

C16 gas at 40 psi and 30 psi on 93 pump, any motor with compression runs race gas.

Stock rockers, stock lifters, aftermarket springs, and valves. This is my motor i am talking about. And yes it is a factory head with a little port work. Stock mitsu crank, stock mitsu block. 9:1 compression. I roll through the traps at 9300 rpm. Our shop car sees 10,300 rpm, and it is the same motor thats in my car. There is a lot of haters,

If you THINK there is a motor out there that can compare, good luck trying to convience me, BETTER YET BUILD IT AND RUN IT.

Did i mention i drive this car to and from buschur's every day its nice! Thats 120 miles round trip, and i have racked up 10,000 miles on it this summer already! My only issue was i had to freshen up the STOCK tranny.

It ran a 10.66 on straight pump gas. No additives or preservatives!

Brent Rau has gone 6.90's at 200 mph, with stock block and crank, and head. Yes its a tube chasis car.

Im guessing your a college kid studing some kind ot automotive or engineering

Guest ihuntv8
Hey, the 4g is a great platform - saw the BR evo run 172mph!!

keep in mind, there are very few FI designed v8s, you have what, the zr1 when it comes out? the terminator, gt40...

lets start comparing appless to appless

Find me a car that can compete, and i will compare apples to apples! All around:) Dollar for dollar, road course, drag strip, standing mile, stopping, bla bla bla

Find me a car that can compete, and i will compare apples to apples! All around:) Dollar for dollar, road course, drag strip, standing mile, stopping, bla bla bla

I'll call you after I get my twin lsx done in about a year and a half, 2 years :cool:

finally, lol

i dont know why you typed the rest, i didnt say anything about cars...

Because thats not what we were talking about you stupid fuck! i was telling you that you DONT have to rev it out to make power and somehow you think im confirming what you said in the first place? Your a fuckin moron. Go hold your head under the water untill the bubbles stop dude.

C16 gas at 40 psi and 30 psi on 93 pump, any motor with compression runs race gas.

Stock rockers, stock lifters, aftermarket springs, and valves. This is my motor i am talking about. And yes it is a factory head with a little port work. Stock mitsu crank, stock mitsu block. 9:1 compression. I roll through the traps at 9300 rpm. Our shop car sees 10,300 rpm, and it is the same motor thats in my car. There is a lot of haters,

If you THINK there is a motor out there that can compare, good luck trying to convience me, BETTER YET BUILD IT AND RUN IT.

Did i mention i drive this car to and from buschur's every day its nice! Thats 120 miles round trip, and i have racked up 10,000 miles on it this summer already! My only issue was i had to freshen up the STOCK tranny.

It ran a 10.66 on straight pump gas. No additives or preservatives!

Brent Rau has gone 6.90's at 200 mph, with stock block and crank, and head. Yes its a tube chasis car.

Im guessing your a college kid studing some kind ot automotive or engineering

So the block isnt oringed and its using the factory head bolts?

The RPM is so high because you arent in full boost until 4.8k...

Because thats not what we were talking about you stupid fuck! i was telling you that you DONT have to rev it out to make power and somehow you think im confirming what you said in the first place? Your a fuckin moron. Go hold your head under the water untill the bubbles stop dude.

LOL, streets closed pizza boy!

Guest ihuntv8
So the block isnt oringed and its using the factory head bolts?

The RPM is so high because you arent in full boost until 4.8k...

Block is NOT o ringed. Arp head studs.

Yes so that gives me 4700 rpm of full boost in each gear! 4800-9500

Tell me this, how fast is your car?

Guest ihuntv8
Well, give me some ballparks? How much money into the build for a total platform?

Brand new evo- 35,000 total build to copy my car 25,000

So thats 60,000, brand new car with 0 miles! bumper to bumper

Block is NOT o ringed. Arp head studs.

Yes so that gives me 4700 rpm of full boost in each gear! 4800-9500

Tell me this, how fast is your car?

I never said it was a bad thing, just pointing it out...

What does my personal car have anything to do with a discussion on v8 and i4 engines? It's close to stock, i do alot of travel for my job..

you are taking this personally...which is not the point of these posts

I was curious on the oringing because it seemed past 600whp, it was a wise idea on the 4G?

Brand new evo- 35,000 total build to copy my car 25,000

So thats 60,000, brand new car with 0 miles! bumper to bumper

ok, so I have 35K to buy a car, and 25k to modify?

Is that cost with labor? without labor? sponsored? You said you had a shop car...are we talking any joe off the street prices here?

Guest ihuntv8

It Would cost you that dollar amount to go buy the car, drop it off at the SHOP i work at, then come pick it up in 2 weeks. Thats everything!

My car is not the shop car!

Guest ihuntv8

What does my personal car have anything to do with a discussion on v8 and i4 engines? It's close to stock, i do alot of travel for my job..

you are taking this personally...which is not the point of these posts

I was curious on the oringing because it seemed past 600whp, it was a wise idea on the 4G?

Im not taking it personal, im just trying to edumacate you!

Guest ihuntv8

What does my personal car have anything to do with a discussion on v8 and i4 engines?

I just figured with all your experience in tearing down v8's, and i4, and figuring out what works and what dont, you would have a bad ass car or something?