N/A vs power adder

V8 Beast

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually my expereience comes from aircraft and earth moving equipement...

What the fuck does that have to do with cars?

Just to help you out bud, you're arguing w/ a guy who works for arguably the best 4g63 tuner/builder around. lol.

Goddammit you're out of your element Donny!

Disregard that last statement if you've never seen the Big Lebowski.

What the fuck does that have to do with cars?

Just to help you out bud, you're arguing w/ a guy who works for arguably the best 4g63 tuner/builder around. lol.

Goddammit you're out of your element Donny!

Disregard that last statement if you've never seen the Big Lebowski.

Well, aircraft....turbochargers were jet engines...until they went to the axial style

earth movers....lots of piston gas/diesel turbocharging and application up to about 3000hp

You get what I'm saying holmes?

They make 4 cylinder cars that run 8's (consistent 9's) in the quarter mile. I dont doubt that you know your stuff, but they put it into action in automobiles everyday.

and i respect that. i never said there wasnt fast or impresive i4s. hell 80d f1 was dishing out 1500hp at 50-60psi from 1.5l, reving 10k..on shit iso-octane,100

i4 has good advantages (pent roof chambers, dohc, most made with FI in mind), but apply those same advantages to a v8....

one basic engineering concept is sizing a piston engine for its application. this thread was originally about i8 vs b8, then it became about engines in their respective chassis, then people who build and race i4s are now taking it to personal levels....

the simpliest way i can say it this, pressure in the cylinder (bmep) makes power. bmep on an evo VIII is 24.x bar, compared to an ls2 which clocks in at 11.x bar. both make around the same power but as you can see, the lsx has half the pressure...

think about this when the power is doubled, tripled, etc...

u know the evo/sti/dsm platforms are great platforms, in an all around competition I don't think I could match them.

my closest guess though, 03-04 cobra, built 5.4 swap,twin 35R, c16, head studs and oringed block

how that would compete, i dont know, but I'd imagine it would put up alittle bit of fight

Well there is a stock suspension 3300# Camaro in Ohio that runs sevens with a 101mm and a rossler th210. It is an aluminum ls2 sleeved and i assume it pushes water. The 6 bolt iron gm performance block is supposed to take care of the head lifting problem. So you may be right V8 may be on top for now......

But it does not have the dohc you deem such an advantage of the 4cyl. lol. Yet the modular has had the 4 valve heads for years. Which dismisses your excuse of a difference. You also refer to 4cyl tend to be built for boost from the factory. What the hell was a terminator block built for?! And the fastest pig weight street radial cars are pushrod LSX. How ironic.

http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/5ee237f9-ffb4-4f48-b9dd-99a4002d3da2.htm

In my eyes an Evo is a muscle car just like Ford and Chevy. Bolt on cammed 11 sec cars, and is proven to take you to eights on stock suspension. 7's in the case of the torque arm Chevy. What is really impressive is Buschur was on stock tc, rear diff and axles until recently. A Chevy 10 bolt cant take 10 sticky tire launches w/ a bolt on stick car. :D

Guest StanekM3
:D Well there is a stock suspension 3300# Camaro in Ohio that runs sevens with a 101mm and a rossler th210. It is an aluminum ls2 sleeved and i assume it pushes water.

http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/5ee237f9-ffb4-4f48-b9dd-99a4002d3da2.htm

The 6 bolt iron gm performance block is supposed to take care of the head lifting problem. So you may be right V8 may be on top for now......

.....on a well prepared track. On the street different story altogether. Auto vs Stick and rwd vs awd are just as relevant to that discussion.

In my eyes an Evo is a muscle car just like Ford and Chevy. Bolt on cammed 11 sec cars, and is proven to take you to eights on stock suspension. 7's in the case of the torque arm Chevy. What is really impressive is Buschur was on stock tc, rear diff and axles until recently. A Chevy 10 bolt cant take 10 sticky tire launches w/ a bolt on stick car. :D

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't think that would be very good on a road course. :D

Guest StanekM3
Find me a car that can compete, and i will compare apples to apples! All around:) Dollar for dollar, road course, drag strip, standing mile, stopping, bla bla bla

I was referring to this.