anyone know anything about saabs?

Orion

What year you looking at? Do a search for pretty much the same topic started by me a few months ago. In there is a link to a saab forum. You'll learn pretty much everything you need to know.

Cliffs though: After GM took over Saab lost its European finess and took on the cheap GM interior que. Saab has also been plaqued with electrical issues as well. The stock radio is a cluster fuck to try and change if you want something better.

They cost quite a bit of money to mod as their engine managment systems are cutting edge and self check itself to death preventing any "cheap mods" you may perform from actually resulting in any gains. Simple tunes to gain a few HP cost upward of a grand. (again that info can be found on the Saab forums)

As well, the high compression 2.0T is not suited for raising the boost an extreme amount more.

These cars are however a fucking blast to drive. They wont be like a WRX though and be able to triple the stock TQ/HP with aftermarket parts cause there just isn't any, cheaply anyhow.

My mom used to have a '94 or '96 Saab 9000 or 9600 or something like that. 4,000+ pound car with something like a 2.3 N/A motor in it, you do the math.

On top of being slow and not so easy on gas, it was also in the shop every 2 - 3 months.

I would say stay away. The only one that I would even consider looking at is the WRX based one, but even then you won't find anyone to work on it. Subaru techs will tell you it's not their problem, and Saab techs won't know shit about it. Oh, and GM taking it over probably means they've gone downhill (if that's even really possible). I think I'd rather drive a Hyundai, at least they have a warranty that's actually worthwhile.