getting a DD soon

2pointslow

Ok im looking at getting a fit for the DD. The focus is either being sold or keeping it and going for the v8 conversion.

Now the fit retails at about 15k. What do you think they will take out the door if i throw cash at them?

Dont tell me to go get this car or this car. Blah Blah Blah. It gets 28+ mpg city and the interior is nice. i Dont want a car payment.

Ok im looking at getting a fit for the DD. The focus is either being sold or keeping it and going for the v8 conversion.

Now the fit retails at about 15k. What do you think they will take out the door if i throw cash at them?

Dont tell me to go get this car or this car. Blah Blah Blah. It gets 28+ mpg city and the interior is nice. i Dont want a car payment.

Wait so you mean you want to pay for it outright correct? If the MSRP is 15k tell them you will give them 15k out the door. Its a brand new car for not alot of money so I dont think their going to move on the MSRP, they're basically paying tax/title for you to buy it outright.

I didnt know Honda Fit's were that cheap.

you wont get it for less than msrp. they cant keep them on the lot at all. if you want a fit, its a special order and a 1.5 month wait. or, atleast thats how it was when i was looking at them like 2-3 months ago. its not like they have them sitting around.

you wont get it for less than msrp. they cant keep them on the lot at all. if you want a fit, its a special order and a 1.5 month wait. or, atleast thats how it was when i was looking at them like 2-3 months ago. its not like they have them sitting around.

I have a friend who is a lot attendant at the Honda dealership of Sawmill road, he said the same goes for the base model civic's. Bare bones, power nothing, no AC, manual transmission civics and they cant even keep them in stock. Didnt know they had the same problem with Fit's though.

Dealerships don't like it when you pay cash, they make more money off of financing than the actual sale of a brand new car. Offering cash will not get a better price out of them. As for the specific car, if it's as hard to get ahold of as everyone is saying, dealerships may even be selling them over MSRP.

They arent selling over msrp. If that is the case then i will just go buy a mazda speed 3. im not paying 17k or more for the fit as for 5k more i can buy something alot nicer.

Lets put it this way if you throw cash at them ( reasonable amount) and they refuse and you say well thanks for your time and start walking off the lot. About 99% of the time they are going to come after you. I have seen it happen alot.

They arent selling over msrp. If that is the case then i will just go buy a mazda speed 3. im not paying 17k or more for the fit as for 5k more i can buy something alot nicer.

Lets put it this way if you throw cash at them ( reasonable amount) and they refuse and you say well thanks for your time and start walking off the lot. About 99% of the time they are going to come after you. I have seen it happen alot.

I say get the 3 anyway it gets the same MPG looks better. But I'm bias.

I agree for the most part but I have a coworker with a 3 hatchback and he says he doesnt get the greatest gas mileage. I didnt ask him to clarify what "the greatest gas mileage was" but I would think the Fit being a smaller lighter car would get better mileage. If your in that market look at other imports like toyota yaris, mazda has to have a smaller car than the 3, and Suzuki? just an idea.

If you can afford it, go with the Speed3. My dad just got one, and it's one of the best car's out there right now for the money. Plus they are damn quick. Of course if all you're looking for is something small that gets great MPG, I guess the Fit would work better.

I'm pretty sure Honda may do this whole "can't keep them on the lot" thing on purpose to keep a constant demand for them, and so they have an excuse to not budge on the MSRP. Same thing happened when my parents bought their Honda Odyssey in 1999.

ok im going to respond individually

Triple Threat..The speed 3 gets 18mpg city my fiencee has a 07 mazda 3 grand touring hatch and it gets about 25mpg city. So you might be thinking about the reg. 3 not the MS3.

Trowa....

yes the fit has a ton of cargo room.

HotCarl....

The reg 2.3 Mazda 3 gets about 25mpg city in a manual.

Flyin' Miata...

The mazda speed 3 is a nice car. Looks good, runs good and the interior is the best i have seen for a sub 25K dollar car. I can afford it but do i want to is the issue. I am getting a house next year and do not want a car payment. Really all im looking for is like you said something small and great mpg.

I have a question now..

I really would like a 4 door. But the rsx-s is appealing to me. I have found them from 17-19K with low miles on them. What do they get mpg wise and what grade do they require.

Learn to use the interwebz more. ^_^

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

200-hp, 2.0-liter I-4

Specifications

Engine liters 2.0

Cylinder configuration I-4

Horsepower 200-hp @ 7,400 rpm

Torque 142 lbs.-ft. @ 6,000 rpm

# of valves 16

Variable valve control VTEC-E Lean Burn

Sequential MPI

Recommended fuel premium unleaded

Aluminum cylinder block

Aluminum cylinder head

Engine oil cooler

Ignition type electronic

Engine orientation transverse

Fuel economy city 27 mpg

Fuel economy highway 31 mpg

Fuel tank capacity 13.2 gal.

ok im going to respond individually

Triple Threat..The speed 3 gets 18mpg city my fiencee has a 07 mazda 3 grand touring hatch and it gets about 25mpg city. So you might be thinking about the reg. 3 not the MS3.

yeah I was referring to a regular 3 not the MS3

the fit just looks tiny, what about the matrix or something? I drive an 06 Mazda3s hatch and the girlfriend drives an 04 Matrix, the matrix is a helluva lot bigger inside and gets about 10mpg better. Sure its a cheaper interior, etc, but I'm sure it has the same, if not better resale and is in your price range.

I avg 25-28mpg on the hwy, about 300 miles to a tank, which is aroudn 11-12 gallons.

She gets 30+ in the city, damn near 40 on the hwy.

But I agree on the cash thing, I walked in on december 30th, 2005 to pay cash for my 06 Mazda3 and I got a good deal, but it wasn't to their benefit to take cash, well I put it on my credit card, but same thing basically. I paid $16,400 OTD for my 3.

dont you have a hatchback focus? i figure that gives you pretty good gas mileage already. you may save a little money on gas with the fit but it wont come close to the amount of money you wasted on buying a new car.

He makes a good point. the money you lose in the drop of value of buying a new car alone might not make it worth it. Would be more logical to drive the Focus as your daily than to have a brand new car. You said so yourself your still undecided togo for the th v8 conversion (which i wouldnt but to each his own) so why not drive it till you figure out what you'll do and save more money in the meantime. IM guessing if you've saved this much by now you can sock away a sizeable amount of money in the short period of time you keep driving your focus. Just an idea man, its your money and your gonna do what you want with it. IF it were me id keep driving the fucus and put the money elsewhere.

I am moving out next year ( getting married) and no i dont want to hear your oppinion on it.

The reason of getting rid of the focus is it gets maybe 20mpg on a GOOD day. i mean a good day. This is shifting at 2500rpms, it gets horrible gas mileage. Anyone who owns a 00-02.5 focus knows this. Now it also needs a paint job as the factory ford paint jobs SUCK!

It is only worth about 2500.00 i dont feel like puttin any money into it. I see it as a waist of money i have already sunk 7000 into it and sold most of the parts off of it. There remains 2000.00 in parts on it that i can not take off as i do not have the stock parts.