No reviews on our dealership???

35RFTW

Hey Guys(and Girls),

I see quite a few reviews on dealerships in Columbus and surrounding area, but I do not see one about us. Just looking for input, good or bad. I am always looking to improve our dealership and your voice is the best way. So let's hear it. What does Ohio Riders have to say about Cycle Search International?

Thanks,

Justin Adams

Sales Manager

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy my bike for 5K and find me a b-king, street triple, or sv1k and Ill give you a good review.

I see you have a Triumph. Granted this is not our key market, but if you want to PM me the details, I can see if I can get it sold for you. As for the bikes you are looking for, we do not have any of the listed. You can check out our inventory at www.800390bike.com and jsut let me know if you have any questions.

hey sometimes no reviews are better than a bad review . just looking at the wholesale list you sent and the fact you sent a list means you are going to be one of the first place i look at when i am looking for my next bike.

I appreciate the good words. I am not going to pretend that everyone is going to like us, but we will try our best to work out what ever problems do come up. There will always be people you cannot satisfy. IF we do recieve a bad review, I just ask that the person give us the oppurtunity to make it right. That is given it doesn't fall under the people we just can't satisfy category.

Justin

OK, here's a review:

Back in June, before I took my MC trip from Canada to Mexico, I bought a new tire from Ohio Motorcycle. Thinking that I should be able to get a tire installed without an appointment, I walked into the service area and they told me that I needed an appointment and that they were six weeks out on service. Not even an option since this was the weekend before I was leaving on the trip.

I was not sure that Cycle Search did service work, but working in Delaware, I'd seen guys working in the shop. I called them up and sure enough they said I could bring it in Monday.

I show up first thing Monday morning. The guy in the shop, don't remember his name, takes it in and I walk off to get some coffee and talk with Mitch for a while. When all is said and done, the tech. also told me that my rear brakes needed replaced and he also adjusted the idle which he said was a little off. He also mentioned one other thing that I know I took care, but don't recall what it was.

I appreciated the attention to the other things that needed to be taken care of and walked off with a good feeling about the bike and the long trip I was about to take.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring back my bike back to Cycle Search should I need any other work or maintenance done, that I don't already take care of myself.

Kudos to Cycle Search and thanks!

I think the shop name is deceptive. It implies you look for cycles. Searching out maybe lost cycles for owners who have lost them. That's not what you do so, I would change it to something like "Cycles and Bitches". Maybe "Cycles are Cool and We Gott 'Em and Stuff".

It's been a really slow day...:D

SchmuckGirl bought here GS500 from you and it had a few issues right off the lot (gummed carbs from sitting without cleaning) but you guys took care of it properly and quickly.... hell you picked it up and the owner then delivered it on a trailer.

Like I said, we try to fix things when they go wrong.

OK, here's a review:

Back in June, before I took my MC trip from Canada to Mexico, I bought a new tire from Ohio Motorcycle. Thinking that I should be able to get a tire installed without an appointment, I walked into the service area and they told me that I needed an appointment and that they were six weeks out on service. Not even an option since this was the weekend before I was leaving on the trip.

I was not sure that Cycle Search did service work, but working in Delaware, I'd seen guys working in the shop. I called them up and sure enough they said I could bring it in Monday.

I show up first thing Monday morning. The guy in the shop, don't remember his name, takes it in and I walk off to get some coffee and talk with Mitch for a while. When all is said and done, the tech. also told me that my rear brakes needed replaced and he also adjusted the idle which he said was a little off. He also mentioned one other thing that I know I took care, but don't recall what it was.

I appreciated the attention to the other things that needed to be taken care of and walked off with a good feeling about the bike and the long trip I was about to take.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring back my bike back to Cycle Search should I need any other work or maintenance done, that I don't already take care of myself.

Kudos to Cycle Search and thanks!

Good to hear a service review! I think most people do not know that we do service work, but we do have the capabilities to handle your needs. This includes our Dyno.

I think the shop name is deceptive. It implies you look for cycles. Searching out maybe lost cycles for owners who have lost them. That's not what you do so, I would change it to something like "Cycles and Bitches". Maybe "Cycles are Cool and We Gott 'Em and Stuff".

It's been a really slow day...:D

At one point in time we did search for motorcycles that people were interested in. What we found is that most people will not stand behind their offers, so we do not waste our time anymore. Not to mention we have about 160 units in stock. There is not much aside from euro bikes that we will not have in stock already.

I have only delt with your used parts department. The prices are really high.The last time I called there I gave the guy my number and told him what I was looking for and never received a call back.I was a little put off by him telling me that they should be able locate the parts and save me 30% off new part retail.Why would I pay that when I can spend almost the same amount and buy it directly for the dealer brand new and I the color I need to match the bike.

I have two buddies who both bought their bikes via these guys. Both are instructors with STT. Mike isn't on here, I believe but he had a really good experience with them and in fact tells everyone to check them out at the track when asked.

Drew is a member here and he can chime in, but he's never had any issues...

I only had one. I was looking for a throttle body set for my 05 750 that had eaten the STVA and i needed a set. Dealer cost was like $600 and change and they go for about $150 on Ebay. They were asking 1/2 of retail at $400...

Now, realize I just said thanks but no thanks and never tried to barter or negotiate. So, can't really go from there. Maybe they were simply using a number to see where it went, but I ended up getting one off Ebay and I warrantied the original one under Suzuki's Emissions warranty...

But, I think the overall deal is they are good guys. I don't think they try and rip anyone off and from what I have heard and apparent from Schmukingham's post, they go out of their way if it wasn't right to make it so...

I have only delt with your used parts department. The prices are really high.The last time I called there I gave the guy my number and told him what I was looking for and never received a call back.I was a little put off by him telling me that they should be able locate the parts and save me 30% off new part retail.Why would I pay that when I can spend almost the same amount and buy it directly for the dealer brand new and I the color I need to match the bike.

Without more to go on, I'll make some general parts comments - many front end parts are in high demand, short supply and the discount is different for a headlight or upper fairing than an oem muffler for example. Unfortunately, especially when in season, when we can't find the part(s) for people we just don't have the staff to keep calling people and telling them we haven't found the part. If you could pm me with some details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Not sure if you mean me or not but unless you can explain the 30% off new full retail you'll just be wasting your time.I won't buy something that overpriced.

The 30% is just a figurative number. You will find that more often than not, our prices are much lower than that. I will be the first to say we are not the cheapest. We are not in business to be that, but we are in business to offer quality TESTED used motorcycles and parts. We dyno our motorcycles prior to being broken down for parts or sold whole. Also we will go as far to pull the front end apart and spin the wheels and forks to check them as well along with about 8 other things we do on our inspections. I can't tell you how many times something looks straight, and turns out to be bent. Might only be by 0.005 in, but that information is important to us and you the buyer. The extent of testing we do to assure a quality product warrants the slightly higher cost than your average eBay seller. Mike is always working deals for people, not to mention that Ohio Riders get a 10% cut on parts and 5% on motorcycles. So give us a call(and a chance). If we didn't call you back, it is simply because we were unable to find what you were looking for. Not because we don't want your business.

Justin

:(

One of the guys up there told me the retail (not trade) for my wifes bike was $2300 yet you have the very same bike up there with a salvage title listed at $2495.

So this leads me to believe one of two things:

1) Even after saying we are from Ohio-Riders you still offer very lowball pricing/trades

or

2) Your bikes are very over priced

Also never heard back from them about my Z either.

One of the guys up there told me the retail (not trade) for my wifes bike was $2300 yet you have the very same bike up there with a salvage title listed at $2495.

1) Even after saying we are from Ohio-Riders you still offer very lowball pricing/trades

or

What is your wife's bike? If you are a Ohio Rider, your price is different anyways so what we mark them at doesn't apply. Also look at our wholesale sheet, we are offering wholesale to ohio riders. Any other dealer in Ohio(or anywhere) doing that. Also, what about your Z? PM me and lets see if we can help you out!

i have purchased 2 bikes from cycle search. my positive experience from #1 was the reason I went back there for #2. that and I had Justin looking for my bike (600RR) in my price range. I always tell riders who are in the market for "new" moto to give them a chance. honestly, the only thing they don't have is a brand new bike. They have a good variety of bikes and most of their bikes sell very quickly. Justin is a good dude too.

I think cycle search should sponsor me :D

or

I 100% agree with over-priced bikes. I browse their internet list prices for salvaged bikes. One instance had a bike that had right side damage and a few other things and a CRACKED motor. I think the list price was 4k. This is just one example that I have. In general, I would expect their prices to be lower, especially when their biggest competitor (IMO) ebay, has much lower prices.

What is your wife's bike? If you are a Ohio Rider, your price is different anyways so what we mark them at doesn't apply. Also look at our wholesale sheet, we are offering wholesale to ohio riders. Any other dealer in Ohio(or anywhere) doing that. Also, what about your Z? PM me and lets see if we can help you out!

Her bike is an 07 250 Ninja.

As for the Z, I sent & e-mail with pictures then waited & waited and heard nothing so it has already been sold.

As for the whole sale stuff I have looked but & I am not trying to put you against other dealers in Ohio if you dont have what I want.

You asked for reviews and unfortunatly that was my only experience with Cycle Search.

Her bike is an 07 250 Ninja.

As for the Z, I sent & e-mail with pictures then waited & waited and heard nothing so it has already been sold.

As for the whole sale stuff I have looked but & I am not trying to put you against other dealers in Ohio if you dont have what I want.

You asked for reviews and unfortunatly that was my only experience with Cycle Search.

07 EX250's are somewhat of a hard considering the new model that came out. There is not much I can say about not getting back to you about your ZX6 because that is pretty odd for us. We are always trying to buy stock. I asked for people's reviews. I didn't expect it to all be good. Hearing the bad is what will help us improve. I honestly do not remember what we offered for the EX250, but I would imagine if you would have shopped it to other dealers, we would have been near the top bid.

There are absolutely other dealers that give special pricing on bikes to OR members..

That's good, they should. Ohio Rider's is a big community and deserves a break. I don't know how many are going to post a list with their wholesale prices though. I am talking if a dealer calls us, that is what they will pay to buy a bike on that list.