F for Applebee's on Polaris

Bigbird

Wen't to Applebee's tonight with some buddies, expecting the same great experience I have had in the past...yeah not so much. Stood at the door for 20 minutes while there were 8 tables open. Watched them sit parties of 2 at booths and large round tables, while there were smaller tables and booths available.

Once we were seated all 3 of the people in my party asked for water, two of us asked for no lemon...we all got lemon. Then a girl(not our waiter) came and practically threw our silverwear on the table and walked away.

I ordered a cowboy burger cooked medium, without the onion ring. My buddies ordered an order of onion rings, and an order of nachos. I was going to split the nachos with my one buddy, thinking that...hey theyre an appetizer, so I could munch on that before the meal.

Nope...they bring the appetizers out at the same time as the burger. Which had the onion ring on it(which I requested to not be put on), and it was cooked medium-well(and thats being nice).

Now for the straw that broke the camels back. Our waiter came back ONE time to check on us and give us more water, I held my glass out for him to fill up after he had filled up my friends'...and he just walked away.

This was complete BS, now if we had been acting like tools I could understand this kind of treatment, but we acted no different from anyone else and were polite. Having worked in the resturant business I would never imagine treating a guest the way I/we were treated.

No tip for him and an F on CR will suffice for me...

Type a letter out and mail it to corporate. Be professional, spell-check and proof-read your letter. Tell the story exactly as it happened; keep emotion out of it.

I guarantee you WILL get a call back from the manager in the not-to-distant future. The corporate sides of these restaurants tend to take this stuff very seriously, especially when you mail a letter vs. some e-mail BS.

Go to the one on Sawmill road above 270. Its right below Delaware. Not many people go there ever. I only go when their appetizers are half off. Usually right before they close there is always a cool bar tender there that also takes orders from the tables. Never had problems. He gave us the mixing menu he uses to look at. My girlfriend couldn't decided on what drink to get that night. Was great experience and I go there often with friends.