Let's talk work boots.

RedRocket1647545505

I work/stand on concrete all day long and after a days work, it really starts to wear on you. I've owned several $200 RedWings, some Wolverines (they naturally suck :D ) and a few others. As I get older and fatter, I notice my feet starting to hurt more and more. What're some comfy yet safe and durable work boots?

My criteria this time around are: Slip on (tired of tying them in the AM), shin high for added protection, and preferrably somewhat water resistance.

I'm thinking about trying some Timberland PROs since I've never used them. Specifically this model.

Thoughts?

Also, has anybody used sole inserts before, such as gel or the like? You know, ''Gellin' like Magellan''

Thoughts on those?

5.11 HRTs ? hah

They have a mock steel toe thats hard plastic now, shin high and are water proof. They arent construction boots by any means though. They are more comfortable than any running/sport shoe Ive ever owned too. They dont make your feet sweat nor do they lose heat and keep your feet cold. Ive had my pair for amost 2 years now and they still have lots of tread left.

i have pair of 5.11's for work. some of the guys just picked up the new oakley boot, they seem to be in love.

tom

I recently picked up a set of Rocky Alpha Force boots. They aren't really work boots either but are built like they should take a real beating and aren't very heavy for their size. They are more of a tactical type, but available with composite toes. I only wish I had gotten the zippered side because I'm often too lazy to lace them., otherwise I'd wear them alot more.

Die Hard, found at your local Sears. I do heavy concrete construction (Think building Nationwide Arena as opposed to your moms nice new patio) and these boots seem to suit me the best. I've never really found a pair of slip-ons that I like, be a man and lace them, like the billions of other hard working americans that built this country.

The best way to break them in is to dip them in some fresh concrete... yumm.

I suggest any boot you get always put a different sole insert....I do and have not had any problems

Best advice yet....

Get a custom molded insert and buy cheaper boots. Boots are made for the masses not for individuals.

P.s. If you want custom inserts molded I can do them for cost to CR members. They will still cost about $150.00.

Dr. Martens.

I love my Doc's. I don't know how well they work in more of the construction site world, but I wear mine every day at my office job and I love them. I also have a pair of boots as well that I wear just about anytime I am not at work.

I am like you, I have tried every workboot I could get my hands on, and they all suck.

This without a doubt is the best boot for me. It isn't a slip on, but it is nice. I just lace the shoe strings lightly and slip them on on off(I do this with all of my shoes).

http://workingperson.com/products/22_359_31/1/2214/Converse_Shoes:__Athletic_Met_Guard_EH_Hiking_Shoes_C4985.html

Jackson