Dragway 42 on Saturday the 10th

MrMeanGreen

I went up last Saturday to D42 and it was just alright. Mainly an even mix of DR and street tire cars.

I also went up to Norwalk on Sunday and set a new PB of 11.92. Had three other runs in the 11's too. They open the gates at 9 and start racing at 10. I have never seen a test and tune prepped like it was. They to start they preped the entire track, did a lot of fixing every hour and repreped at noon. There were a lot of 9 and 10 second slick cars there, which is why they probably worked so hard to keep the track so good. Very very few cars with street tires were there. I could drive up to the staging lanes at any time and never had more then a three car wait.

If you want to chase your best time I'd say make the longer trip up to Norwalk on Sunday. ...the only thing is that Saturday's weather looks better right now so D42 may be the only place that opens this weekend. I might try to go to both again though this weekend.