Let's talk Verizon Wireless and Data Access

RedRocket1647545505

I've got about 6 months left on my two year contract with VZW. I plan on staying with them because I've had absolutely no problem with them. For the past 1.5 years I've been using a LG Chocolate (which I hate, but deal with). After reading some recent threads about new, high-tech phones on the horizon, I think I might look into getting one, specifically a PDA/Smartphone/PocketPC/whatever they're called. I don't really know a whole lot about phone tech, because I honestly have never followed it.

Now, I've done a bit of research on some phones mentioned in a recent thread and they all seem pretty damn complicated and capable of doing everything a person could ever need. I kinda liked the xv6800 that Chris seemed so fond of. Looks decent enough anyways. My mom's got a Palm Treo 700p that I've messed around with a little bit. Seems kind of awkquard, but otherwise, nice. I don't think I'd use it for anything other than the internet, but, I might find other features a lot more useful once I get my hands on one and start playing around with it. Any other phone recommendations?

Onto the data plan thing. I just checked out Verizon's voice and data plans. Sheesh that can get expensive! I wouldn't think I would use it THAT much, but, it's hard to say without some experimenting first. I see where they recommend atleast 1350min as a minimum. Any recommendation on a minimum plan/minutes? This one's obviously gonna be different for each person, but, a ballpark figure would be nice.

Now onto the sneaky stuff. Is there a way to get unlimited data access for relativly cheap? I thought I read on here a while back about someone having the hookup on this. I think it was Jones. Ideas? Let's hear'em. :D

I will say that I only have internet on my phone because its free. At $44.99 a month for unlimited broad band you would have to use it almost daily to make it worth it. We have megabyte plans as well if you dont plan on using it that much. The PDA's tend to be bulky, but as far as internet goes they work great. I would only have about 1000 posts if it want for being bored and posting at work. I even put funny cat pictures on here with my phone. Since its a 2 year commitment I would think about it real hard. I take escalations from customers everyday that want to swap phones because they have no use for a data device.

still cant beat sprint SERO plan

1250 minutes a month, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture and video messaging, unlimited nights and weekends. nights starting at 7pm. all this at $50 a month

im super happy with my plan and service

no other service provider could touch that deal