"STS"Turbo kits for CR members!

Guest RoundIIRacing

Guest RoundIIRacing

We are authorized dealer/installers of "sts" turbo kits!You can check them out at http://www.ststurbo.com ,give us a call for a kit price/install!Just for being on the CR we'll give you a discount!We are currently the 2nd dealer in Ohio,the other specializing in vettes,We'll put a kit on "anything" :cool:

P.M. me for more details!

lol @ not understanding turbines, nozzle flow, or any thing else in the STS "faq".

You know I have heard alot of people who think they are smart make coments on Sts. But there are 2 things they never take in to concideration. 1.They employe people Much smarter than you to study and design these kits. 2. They make power. Thats is it, they make power. You may say they are ....... whatever but if they make power.

Now are there more effective ways of boosting a car? Maybe But again if it works and makes power then what the hell. Are you going to use one of these if you want to build a car pushed to the limit makeing the most of every thing? But for a Street car looking for more power and more fun to driveness these are a True option. Plus these kits have some up side to them as well 1. They decrease underhood temps from what a underhood turboed car has. 2. They clear out alot of space under the hood (most N/a cars with turbos added SUCK to work on so this is a big one).

Guest RoundIIRacing
You know I have heard alot of people who think they are smart make coments on Sts. But there are 2 things they never take in to concideration. 1.They employe people Much smarter than you to study and design these kits. 2. They make power. Thats is it, they make power. You may say they are ....... whatever but if they make power.

Now are there more effective ways of boosting a car? Maybe But again if it works and makes power then what the hell. Are you going to use one of these if you want to build a car pushed to the limit makeing the most of every thing? But for a Street car looking for more power and more fun to driveness these are a True option. Plus these kits have some up side to them as well 1. They decrease underhood temps from what a underhood turboed car has. 2. They clear out alot of space under the hood (most N/a cars with turbos added SUCK to work on so this is a big one).

Point well put!They" say" they also reduce turbo lag!

Guest RoundIIRacing

As to your saying of borrowing our physics book..with the rear mount set up there is less heat, a turbine housing of the correct size(A/R) is used to reduce turbo lag..yes there will be a loss of boost through that much pipe..but also the charge temperatures are very low, given the kits aren't used to make extremely large amounts of power(as they wouldnt normally be used on a full tube car)...they are still very very effective. But being that they are a very well established company im not sure what gives you the right to say anything to bash them? have you done the R&D that they have?...no, have you spent many many years creating parts that are over all well fitting?...no. but as was stated before the under hood temperatures of a turbo'ed car are extremely high when the turbo/turboes are mounted under hood...and simply not easy to work on.

But this post was not made to step on anyones feet...or cause trouble,This post was made in the speed shop... to offer a product that has established a name for themsevles The STS turbo kits..And Us as a shop to order and install them..Basically we can get them if you want them and install them!

Guest RoundIIRacing

if a bridge construction company had a FAQ on their website that demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of bridges, would you have them build your bridge? would you market and distribute their bridges?

and find something that doesnt have a FAQ...Everyone has problems with something...thats why it is FAQ...

WOW. just wow.

really though, if YOU knew anything about heat transfer or thermodynamics, you'd know that its just a steaming pile of bullshit to anybody that knows... of which you're obviously not one

damn near anything can "work". hell, you could plumb a scuba tank into the airbox behind the filter and in front of the MAF. turn it on high enough and filter restriction should limit the volume escaping and you could end up with "boost" in the intake manifold. horribly inefficient idea, but it also could "work".

if a bridge construction company had a FAQ on their website that demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of bridges, would you have them build your bridge? would you market and distribute their bridges?

The fact is there are some very fast STS cars out there (a number of single digit cars...you know, vehicles you'll never own).

Not a kit I would ever run, but the fact is they do work. A true under-hood kit may make a bit more power/have less lag, but these work, and work pretty damn well.

So go back to your book work, maybe you can put a CAI on your Cougar and call it a day.

Shawn, I know STS was supposedly working on a kit for the C4 Corvette (http://www.corvetteforum.com) but it has not yet been released as of 11/10/07.

Can you do a custom single kit for my '95, like the one in pics through the link I have below?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1629238

WOW. just wow.

really though, if YOU knew anything about heat transfer or thermodynamics, you'd know that its just a steaming pile of bullshit to anybody that knows... of which you're obviously not one

damn near anything can "work". hell, you could plumb a scuba tank into the airbox behind the filter and in front of the MAF. turn it on high enough and filter restriction should limit the volume escaping and you could end up with "boost" in the intake manifold. horribly inefficient idea, but it also could "work".

You are correct, and you are wrong.

Like you, I personally dont care for the STS systems. It simply spreads the whole system out, and adds weight with extra pipeing. It also requires longer oil lines, a more exposed turbo charger, and a lot more places for things to go wrong, fittings that can fail. The possibility for failure is too high for me to enjoy the idea of this system, even though i personaly designed a system like this right around the time you were getting your temps, housing the turbo charger inside the spare tire well. I couldnt figure out a practical way to get rid of all the heat without cutting the shit ot of the trunk, so i never built it.

Where youre wrong is, this is an acceptable system. Its also a convienient system. It does work well enough to be practical. As terrible as you think it is, its still more efficient than the likes of a belt driven blower... Im still stumped as to why someone would design a roots, whipple, posative displacement, pump, or twin screw, which ever youd like to use, that intorduces hot air into an engine, without a means of cooling it back down... if that is an acceptable system to an engineer, a remote system is acceptable. Pressure for pressure @ CFM, i bet the STS makes more power, and runs cooler to boot.

Besides, why bash Scott? Hes been doing work for people on this board for years, and even the times ive met him, ive never had a bad thing to say about him. You really need to get off your pedastal and quit thrashing shit you dont know anything about. And really, like RoundII said, its just information he's throwing out. He didnt create them, he can just get them and put them together. I will direct people to him if they ask, even though i think STS is blah.

BTW, if you need a physics book, you can borrow any of mine if you want, ive got like 7 or 8 of them. Most of them dont have much to do with cars though... Lots of Hawking, and Gasiorowicz, stuff on string theory and relitivity, and Quatum physics/mechanics. Im sure there's several dozen guys on here that have some that i dont too, so you have our support if you need it ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lethal-Venom

I called STS a year ago. Oh they was going to sell me a kit. They said it was up to me to make it work. Having a V6 twin turbo car they warned me that the kit many not work. I have a 8.5 to 1 engine, they said the kit works better with V8 and n/a V6's. I have T04's and I would need T05's to produce the same power. If T05's are installed in stock location i'll get 150hp more at the wheels. STS said that the kit wouldn't work on 4cyl. engines. You still need pressure of air to spin the turbos.

I think it's great that your shop can install their turbos. I have a 96 t-bird that I'm thinking about using the STS system on. IPS burnt my ass really bad so I'm not trusting motorsport shops right now. Can you tune the system if I install it myself? I only know of one other STS-bird and thats the owner of tccoa.com. I would really like to smoke his butt :rolleyes:

thanks for posting the tread...