F- Shifflet auto care

y2k2gt

It's funny that you post stupid comments like this when you want me to shut up, but I don't mind. Hell lets just keep at it.

So, a transmission that should handle my 700rw if assembled correctly is weak.

Did you think it was funny that the breakage was due to poor assembly from your shop?

It is entertain and yes you are entertaining as well.

Yes, Jay seems to for sure what HE is talking about. He told me that my tranny should have no problems even at 800rw. He said that should be the breaking point. That being the input shaft and not what just happened to it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
I was trying to hook him up with a bad ass C6, that is why I was asking about the pattern.

well they fit ultra bells to AOD's and AODE's for big blocks so why not a C-6 to a mod motor? (but over drive is still the weak link)

HA i just came up with a idea. they use C-6's in monster trucks for a reason.

It's funny that you post stupid comments like this when you want me to shut up, but I don't mind. Hell lets just keep at it.

So, a transmission that should handle my 700rw if assembled correctly is weak.

Did you think it was funny that the breakage was due to poor assembly from your shop?

It is entertain and yes you are entertaining as well.

Yes, Jay seems to for sure what HE is talking about. He told me that my tranny should have no problems even at 800rw. He said that should be the breaking point. That being the input shaft and not what just happened to it.

jay was telling me a while back how much to cut and where on my planets to fit the roller bearing's! then i found all the info i needed on 460ford.com.

like i stated in the other thread you posted. I no longer work there!

And to be honest i can't say it was poor assembly! I do feel that that damn thrust washer couldnt take the abuse! cause he did reuse them! and that washer is the one(besides #9) that carrys the heavyest loads.

all im saying is that c-4s are pussy tranny's! they just cant take the good power! now upgrading to the c-6 input deal i have heard of you might want to look into, but i heard it is pricy.

Guest Removed

does the front drum have the drain holes? like in this pic.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/C-6%20pics/c6_tra1.gifnotice the small holes drilled in the area of where the steels ride.

highly suggest it! helps keep the clutchs cooler and the fluid from backing upin the drum's.

Yes, it has 16 holes in it.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_1033.jpg

Now looking at these. How long would it take to make the one on the right look like the one on the left. And I'm talking about where it is machined for the bearing!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_1031.jpg

Guest Removed

the one on the left is for a thrust washer! the one on the right has been machined for a roller bearing! and now that i can see it even better then the other pics you have posted. im almost sure that the thrust washer is most of the metal dust in your trans fluid! because IF it was missing, then it would look ahell of alot worse then that! get over it. i have already stated, that washer is one of 2 that suffer the heavyest loads. so what was the pop noise you heard?

and with the pics you posted it was hard to see the drain holes with the plastic still around the drum! jay offers them both ways!

Guest 9Sec03Cobra
Robs a great guy.

Y2K A trans thats not a full roller is not a super comp trans. Super Comp Trans is Full Roller and that was not...... I have saw your trans. I was actually having rob fix my car and checked out the trans because he was showing me that it was supposed to be a SuperComp. Im sorry you got burned by the previous owner. Im sure your pushing more than 450 hp that your trans is rated for. I am big into trans ect. I have broken super comp trans in a mustang. I can almost garantee that you didnt get 300+full passes on your stock 3650 transmission. A stock car breaks those after around 75 passes if you drive your car balls out which you dont do because your scared of it. Have you ever drove your car balls out? Whats the name of this "OTHER" shop you took it too?

oh and BTW you drove your car to the track from Asville and made how many passes a day and drove it home? How much street driving did you do? The Super Comp Trans is not made for alot of street driving like stated above 3rd is basically just there for the ride LOL.

You cant blame Rob because he recomened his work/boss. I have had my trans Rebuilt by Mike several times and Havent had any problems. I usually refresh it every year. But if you call him and bug/harass him he might not do such a great job since he is busy and has other people ahead of you. Did you tell them that you get your 10% because of CR? I know I always get it when I go.

Well all i can say is that im the previous owner of that trans and it was a super comp trans that i paid just over $1800 for at Fun Ford Weekend in bristol when i broke mine. I traveled from Virginia to Bristol to run my cobra and my C4 broke so i bought that one to put in the car at the track. I even bought a Vasco shaft for it to replace the hardened one that PA put in there.

I make WELL over 450 hp and i made several flawless passes with that trans in the car. I DO NOT SCREW PEOPLE OVER!!!! I am a racer that helps other racers all the time and i sold him the trans for what it was. a SUPER COMP

Thanks

Sean

So couldn't the shiny metal in the trans fluid be the washer completely grinded up from driving it after there was signs of problems?

You make a good point, but what would have ground it up.

After more searching on this and reading. The thrust washer in question is metal with one side being copper coated. It doesn't just break. It even has 3 tabs that hold it in place. How would it just break from spinning and if it did break. How would it get past the shaft that it surrounds.

Guest Removed
You make a good point, but what would have ground it up.

After more searching on this and reading. The thrust washer in question is metal with one side being copper coated. It doesn't just break. It even has 3 tabs that hold it in place. How would it just break from spinning and if it did break. How would it get past the shaft that it surrounds.

umm lets see. its under a heavy load, and has steel drum on one side and that planet on the other! considering both of those in play, it wouldnt take long for that washer to get chewed up. and all the washers i have sitting here, have metal backing on them.

pm y2k2gt sent me last night

I wasn't being sarcastic in the last post. In one of the emails that mike sent me. He stated that is was you that told him what was supposed to be in my transmission. I was just thinking that since you know so much about them that you should be able to build them.

And that washer was not in the tranny. If you like we can still argue in the thread, but me personally. I'm done arguing with you. I really hope this didn't have anything to do with your job.

and mike maybe a jackass IMO. but he has thought me alot about some aspects of transmission repair.(granted i think northwestern showed me alot more) and i really dont think he left the washer out! you would have had trouble with it alot sooner.

and i do build them, i have done some in my day. like i said im building a bullet proof c-6 for mine. all ill have to do is refresh it in winter's, change the fluid every so many pass's and keep a eye on the front drum (they like to crack) till i get the billet aftermarket one.

then stop arguing with me. and also like mike told you in one of those email's, if you want a pissing match, then rob will piss all day with you!

umm lets see. its under a heavy load, and has steel drum on one side and that planet on the other! considering both of those in play, it wouldnt take long for that washer to get chewed up. and all the washers i have sitting here, dont have metal backing on them.

Yea, what he said. If the tranny is creating friction then thats all you need.

Here are better pics of what the damaged parts look like from missing washer. As stated before these pics do show that the washer wasn't there when the transmission was reassembled.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_1058.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_1057.jpg

Guest Removed
As stated before these pics do show that the washer wasn't there when the transmission was reassembled.

so then why are you stating that it wasnt there? your saying that shifflet fucked it up buy not installing this thrust washer. and now you saying the pics dont show that they wasnt there! and thats what i have been saying this complete time!

And like i have already stated, if it wasnt there from the get go. it would look ahell of a lot worse then that!

Guest Removed

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_1057.jpg

hey dummy!look closer! notice the steel washer hanging around the sun gear there! thats what is left of the thrust washer!

thank you for posting that pic. this just proves mike installed that washer. cause it sitting right there in that pic! all the brass is gone from the front side of it!once it meet with the drum it started spinning with it wearing on the planet!the thinkness of the brass , is about how much is worn off the sun gear!

so then why are you stating that it wasnt there? your saying that shifflet fucked it up buy not installing this thrust washer. and now you saying the pics dont show that they wasnt there! and thats what i have been saying this complete time!

And like i have already stated, if it wasnt there from the get go. it would look ahell of a lot worse then that!

I'm glad you quoted this. Now go back and reread then post!!

Guest Removed

read the post above yours , below my quote! youre posting a pic, of the drum. with what is left of the thrust washer, that welded itself to the drum! kthanksbyebye!

you have no argument.

hey dummy!look closer! notice the steel washer hanging around the sun gear there! thats what is left of the thrust washer!

thank you for posting that pic. this just proves mike installed that washer. cause it sitting right there in that pic! all the brass is gone from the front side of it!once it meet with the drum it started spinning with it wearing on the planet!the thinkness of the brass , is about how much is worn off the sun gear!

No thank you for posting again. Now, go look at you exploded view again. You will see that what is left on the shell is the the shim that is held by a snap retainer. The thrust that is missing has 3 tabs and fits in the planet. I even have a new washer or shim for that shell, because of how thin it is now from the missing thrust washer.

Is this what you would like to see? As stated shifflet screwed up on the assembly and should compensate me in some manor. I was never the one making shit up and the parts do speak for themselves. It shouldn't matter really who opened it up. And I'm being called a "dummy" And some of you think I should have just left it there for them to just screw it up again. It does seem now I do have enough evidence to report it to the BBB and see what happens.

http://performanceautomatic.com/c4_expview01.gif

http://performanceautomatic.com/c4_expview02.gif

**Item 51 is what was left out**

read the post above yours , below my quote! youre posting a pic, of the drum. with what is left of the thrust washer, that welded itself to the drum! kthanksbyebye!

you have no argument.

So, what do you think now after looking at you exploded pic.......

I think that you are being a whiney baby, and need to stop using local shops if you seem to think youre getting fucked over by them. Breaking parts its part of owning a fast car... get used to it.

You can fuck off. This is what this forum is for. You should read the rules for even posting here. If you had read the thread and if have half a brain. You would clearly see they did fuck it up. It also shouldn't matter if it is a small shop or not. If you pay someone to do a job. They should do that job correctly. If they don't know how to do they shouldn't take the job. How do you even know that is part of owning a FAST car. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/stfu3.gif