F- Shifflet auto care

y2k2gt

Here's the story. The input shaft broke in my C4 last year. I listened to gearhead on this board and had shifflet fix it. I provided the new pump and input shaft. It did take longer than I was told for them to complete this. I was told they were sent the wrong parts and waiting for the right ones. I think they had it almost 3 weeks and mike had to finish it on a saturday for me to pick it up.

After I installed in my car. It was maybe a week later and I broke the oil pump gears and my car was down for about 2 months. When the oil pump went out it starved the turbos of oil and ruined both of them so bad I had to buy new ones.

Then after maybe 2 months the engine ran lead and melted the spark plug holes in the #5 and #8. It cost over $500 to have that head repaired. While the engine was out I went ahead and replaced all the bearings in the engine and piston rings.

Now, not even 2 months after getting it running with the freshed up engine. I was getting ready to make it to the last tnt at ntr. I backed the car out of my driveway and put it in 1st and it started to go an then I hear a pop and it stopped moving. I then only had reverse. So, I then pull the tranny and take it to shifflet. When I dropped it off. Mike said he would get to it next week. I said ok I not in that big of a hurry. Gearhead then was posting on my thread

that I will link you to. He even said they would have it apart and find out what was wrong. He then was posting that he didn't even think that my transmission was a PA Super Comp which costs around $2000. Of course these statements were pissing me off. Even the person I bought it from stated it was a PA Super Comp. Gearhead as you can read still keep saying that he saw all the parts when mike fixed it earlier this year. So, after almost 3 weeks I went to the shop and the tranny was still setting in the same place. So, I took it. I then took it to a different shop and the next day they called and said it was apart and told me all the stuff that was damaged. I then called and told mike that there was a washer that was missing. He said he didn't have any leftover parts. He also said because he didn't take it apart that he really didn't care what was wrong with it.

I then posted pics to prove that gearhead was wrong.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98409.msg967400#msg967400

This is a pm gearhead sent me.

Gearhead559

T44

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: tranny

« Sent to: y2k2gt on: October 27, 2007, 03:50:30 PM »

Reply with quote Reply Remove this message

ok you have a PA pump and servo and brake. that does not make it a super comp trans. when mike had it apart, i looked at everything, becuase at the time i was researching on biulding my own since i dont have 2000 just to put down on one. adding it all up too 2400, was not fesaable to me. but anyway, a PA super comp trans has 10 roller bearings in it. yours only had like 2 or 3. it looks very much like my buddie bobbies trans, with is the 450 horse model, but he bought the brake and put it in the trans. and its the internals that make it a super comp trans. 4 pinion planets etc. and the fact it had some stock type clutchs in it make me think otherwise aswell.plus a super comp trans has the hardened input shaft in it, which i dont think yours did since you broke it off the last time. but i dont knwo the whole story. therre is a page on ther web showing a trans guy taking apart a brand new super comp from PA. ill see if i can find it again. and from the pics. you can see the difference in the trans when they are apart.

Report To Admin

The other nitrous car...

The input shaft I broke last year was a vasco shaft, which was not even in the tranny when I dropped it off to them.

Sorry so long.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New pm from gearhead that I received today........

Gearhead559

T44

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: still waiting for your response.

« Sent to: y2k2gt on: Today at 10:41:27 AM »

Reply with quote Reply Remove this message

whatever man. maybe he did leave it out! i asked him if it had a 6 pinion power planet, he said NO! i had just glanced at your trans when it was apart! but i know that a full roller c-4 has 12 bearings in it! they dont put any in high gear, cause it just along for the ride! PA told me a few years ago that all there top of the line trans are full roller! glad i didnt get into selling them!

but anyway, you gave mike a chance to fix it, and i stood right there when you said you was in NO hurry! seemed like you got in a hurry to me! so whatever! you have a issue with him and his shop, take it up with him!

why dont yo contact the bbb or something i mena it seems like your are flamming gearhead cuz of something he didnt do (except recamend his work to do something)

What do you think the bbb would do. Gearhead represents that company on this board. Nobody made him post on theturboforums.com. He is the one stating that my transmission was just a $900 transmission rather than being the $2000+ transmission that it is. All of his posts and pms go to show what their company is all about. It's not my fault they left out the washer and trans broke. They didn't even give me the 10% discount they state is for cr members. I even paid in cash. Now if they had just said bring the parts here and let us take a look at them. I would have and they could have then decided what was fair. Right now

I've already ordered over $600 in parts to fix what was broken.

Thanks for the bump and no one forced you to read or post in this thread..

I like other people work hard for our money and right now I shouldn't have to be spending $1000 on a transmission that they built earlier this year.

Believe it or not, the BBB is pretty powerful IF the consumer checks the business out before making a decission where to go.

The business does not have to be a member of the BBB, they will post complaints of both member and non member businesses.

At the very least, the business is notified of the complaint and thats not the way you want to start your day. I think you have ten days to respond before they post the info related to the customers comments... if you don't respond, and thats not a smart thing to do, they will bury you.

You probably will never do business with a new potential customer that takes the time to check you out.

Google BBB Columbus Ohio, enter a business name and check out the process.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron

the fact that he represents them on her ei understand but he actually didnt do any work on your shit from what i gather. jsut saying you are flamming someone for their recomendation not his work. thank you for posting it as that what this portion is for just saying instead of makign this thing personel tell him his co-workers suck

Guest crazylady
making this thing personel tell him his co-workers suck

Mike is the shop owner! All rob has done is give his opinion.

but the fact is , you couldnt wait one more day for him to get back into it! you said you was in no hurry, but it seemed like you are in a major rush! um hello its winter! and what about all the 10 sec pass's you have made and let alone all the videos you have posted on here! Rob even asked in the one thread how the trans was doing! you said great! seems you got all season out of it, and now youre lookin to pass blame!

Mike is the shop owner! All rob has done is give his opinion.

but the fact is , you couldnt wait one more day for him to get back into it! you said you was in no hurry, but it seemed like you are in a major rush! um hello its winter! and what about all the 10 sec pass's you have made and let alone all the videos you have posted on here! Rob even asked in the one thread how the trans was doing! you said great! seems you got all season out of it, and now youre lookin to pass blame!

I have the voice mail that mike left after I picked it up. He states on it that he wasn't going to get to it until another couple of days. It had already been almost 3 weeks.

Your really smart. So, you think a $2000 transmission is only supposed to last for 15 10 sec runs??? I never even broke my stock 3650 transmission. It has I bet 300 passes on it. The videos even prove I wasn't leaving the line hard.

Search is your friend. here is what was said....

Originally Posted by Gearhead

nice....i see the trans is working good for u.

Posted by y2k2gt

So far. I can't wait to see how it works on a full pass.

Oh, what does winter have to do with anything????

Do you also work for them. You seem to know so much???

Guest crazylady
She is Gearhead's better half.

Correct! BTW Ben, you can also remove Rob from the Shifflet Auto Care contact list.

I am confused... is that the cavalier chick?

Um NO. I'm not a skank!

I have the voice mail that mike left after I picked it up. He states on it that he wasn't going to get to it until another couple of days. It had already been almost 3 weeks.

Your really smart. So, you think a $2000 transmission is only supposed to last for 15 10 sec runs??? I never even broke my stock 3650 transmission. It has I bet 300 passes on it. The videos even prove I wasn't leaving the line hard.

Search is your friend. here is what was said....

Originally Posted by Gearhead

nice....i see the trans is working good for u.

Posted by y2k2gt

So far. I can't wait to see how it works on a full pass.

Oh, what does winter have to do with anything????

Do you also work for them. You seem to know so much???

And if you would read the one link Gearhead (Rob) posted on turbostangs. Some one bought a super comp and tore it apart! 12 roller bearing's, welded and drilled front drum etc! So go double check your facts! And go back and reread what Rob said on the turbo forum. he started of by saying IMO, its not a super comp trans.

Plan on doing much racing in winter?

(edit:) Mike told you in that voice mail, If he didnt take it apart there is no warranty's!(Just got that tid bit from him off the phone) Since you seem to think this is Rob.

And if you would read the one link Gearhead (Rob) posted on turbostangs. Some one bought a super comp and tore it apart! 12 roller bearing's, welded and drilled front drum etc! So go double check your facts! And go back and reread what Rob said on the turbo forum. he started of by saying IMO, its not a super comp trans.

Plan on doing much racing in winter?

(edit:) Mike told you in that voice mail, If he didnt take it apart there is no warranty's!(Just got that tid bit from him off the phone) Since you seem to think this is Rob.

Maybe you can check the facts your self. It's not hard to call PA and just ask what is inside their tranny.

Yes, you are right he first said IMO. Then he proceded in saying where was this part and where was that part. Read it again. I then provided pics of those very parts he said were not in it. Funny that they were..

So, your saying you think my car is a race only car??? As it is not. Hell, I drove it to cincinnati in febuary to get some dyno #'s with the 5-speed. I drove there in a snow storm. I have pics of my car at modular depot in the snow if you like to see that also. Again what does winter have to do with the tranny.

The c4 is not the only tranny I have for it. Look in the for sell forum... I'm trying to sell alot of my parts to off set the $900 it is costing to fix this time. It cost me $900 when shifflet did it. I provided the new pump and input shaft. Over $300 and the $600 they charged for the labor, clutch and gasket kit.

Mike didn't say anything like that as I still have the voice mail saved. I can foward that message to someone if you like???

The first I heard that there was no kind of warranty was when I called and told mike what was wrong. He then said "my hands are washed" because someone else opened it. I have no paper work that stated they have to open it up if there is a problem. Maybe they will now have that put in their paper work.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Rob would not bad mouth something for the hell of it - he's a standup redneck "IMO".

:thumbup:

Robs a great guy.

Y2K A trans thats not a full roller is not a super comp trans. Super Comp Trans is Full Roller and that was not...... I have saw your trans. I was actually having rob fix my car and checked out the trans because he was showing me that it was supposed to be a SuperComp. Im sorry you got burned by the previous owner. Im sure your pushing more than 450 hp that your trans is rated for. I am big into trans ect. I have broken super comp trans in a mustang. I can almost garantee that you didnt get 300+full passes on your stock 3650 transmission. A stock car breaks those after around 75 passes if you drive your car balls out which you dont do because your scared of it. Have you ever drove your car balls out? Whats the name of this "OTHER" shop you took it too?

oh and BTW you drove your car to the track from Asville and made how many passes a day and drove it home? How much street driving did you do? The Super Comp Trans is not made for alot of street driving like stated above 3rd is basically just there for the ride LOL.

You cant blame Rob because he recomened his work/boss. I have had my trans Rebuilt by Mike several times and Havent had any problems. I usually refresh it every year. But if you call him and bug/harass him he might not do such a great job since he is busy and has other people ahead of you. Did you tell them that you get your 10% because of CR? I know I always get it when I go.

Guest Wunna Dig Race

He then said "my hands are washed" because someone else opened it. I have no paper work that stated they have to open it up if there is a problem. Maybe they will now have that put in their paper work.

Well first if your expecting warranty work why the hell would you have someone else open it up? Thats just plain stupid. I am opening my own business and I wont do any warranty work if someone else opened it up. Because Its not my responsibilty after taht.

Robs a great guy.

You cant blame Rob because he recomened his work/boss. But if you call him and bug/harass him he might not do such a great job since he is busy and has other people ahead of you.

I never said any thing bad about Rob. I also know that Rob had nothing to do with repairing the tranny. He also had no reason posting in my thread on the other board, but he did. He had no reason posting that the tranny didn't have super comp parts. When in fact it did have these parts as the pics prove.

And I don't think that it is wise to state if I had "which I never did" bugged him that he would not do a such good job. No person should get a bad job because of calling to see what the status is. I hope that is not how you run your company.

I will address your other ?'s tomorrow.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
I never said any thing bad about Rob. I also know that Rob had nothing to do with repairing the tranny. He also had no reason posting in my thread on the other board, but he did. He had no reason posting that the tranny didn't have super comp parts. When in fact it did have these parts as the pics prove.

And I don't think that it is wise to state if I had "which I never did" bugged him that he would not do a such good job. No person should get a bad job because of calling to see what the status is. I hope that is not how you run your company.

I will address your other ?'s tomorrow.

No I wont run my company like that. But I do know since I have worked at plenty of garages around that when you bug someone especially when you state you in NO big hurry to have it done that when they sqeeze your car in since you bugged them it wont get done exactly how it should because they want people to get off there back. he tells you about 3 weeks it could take almost 4 just depends on how stuff comes along. Nothing personal but Its part of racing shit breaks. I honestly believe if the part wasnt there it would have broke way before that.