NEW here

Guest hateraid

Guest hotrodmama024
Welcome! I'm a Canton guy myself. Nice group here. Post some pics of the car(s).

Didnt you see his name.... He isnt very nice yet. Maybe he needs to warm up to us. :p

Guest hotrodmama024
I was born in Canton. Reppin c town or some other useless engrish.

Welcome noob. A civic and a camaro is a great combo. 2 of my 3 favorite cars. ^_^

Ok.. 2 things.

1. civic and a camaro are 2 of your 3 favorite cars? What would be your next?

2. What if he just has a v6? isnt it pointless to have a v6 camaro? and how would that be one of your favorite cars?

You are just kissing ass arent you? lol sorry

Ok.. 2 things.

2. What if he just has a v6? isnt it pointless to have a v6 camaro? and how would that be one of your favorite cars?

1. An Impreza is number 3.

2. There is nothing wrong with having a v6 camaro. If I would stop dumping money into remolding my house I would of bought a v6 already.

I am not kissing ass.

Ok.. 2 things.

but what if that v6 is a TT and runs low 10s is that still pointless?

oh and welcome.

Guest hotrodmama024
but what if that v6 is a TT and runs low 10s is that still pointless?

oh and welcome.

Why would anyone make a v6 a 10 second car? that would be stupid. I would love to see this though. Anyone know of one?

Why would anyone make a v6 a 10 second car? that would be stupid. I would love to see this though. Anyone know of one?

Maybe they wanted to reach their rear set of spark plugs with ease :burn: ?

What makes the idea stupid? Aside from the 3.8 weak head sealing /terrible flowing heads, it would be a decent setup. The engine management is somewhat lacking, but it can be made to work. There's a growing number of 500-600bhp 3.8s, as the aftermarket is small and R&D on the engine is in its infancy and mainly proprietary.

Since the Fbody chassis and drivetrain has alot of support in the aftermarket world, getting the power to the (non fwd) wheels reliably isn't a huge issue either. You could retrofit (some work required) the fwd stock supercharged 3.8 bottom end which was engineered for moderate boost to the factory upper components, for roughly half the cost of a gen III v8.

Doesn't sound that dumb from this end?

Tim King's from Intense is a pure drag car, and I think he made it into 8s?

Guest hotrodmama024
Maybe they wanted to reach their rear set of spark plugs with ease :burn: ?

What makes the idea stupid? Aside from the 3.8 weak head sealing /terrible flowing heads, it would be a decent setup. The engine management is somewhat lacking, but it can be made to work. There's a growing number of 500-600bhp 3.8s, as the aftermarket is small and R&D on the engine is in its infancy and mainly proprietary.

Since the Fbody chassis and drivetrain has alot of support in the aftermarket world, getting the power to the (non fwd) wheels reliably isn't a huge issue either. You could retrofit (some work required) the fwd stock supercharged 3.8 bottom end which was engineered for moderate boost to the factory upper components, for roughly half the cost of a gen III v8.

Doesn't sound that dumb from this end?

Tim King's from Intense is a pure drag car, and I think he made it into 8s?

Sounds like a waste of money, and the extra time to me. You put buying a ls1 in a camaro next to a v6 and adding power vs money. I am pretty sure the better and smarter way to go would be to buy a ls1. Am i not correct?

PRove me wrong. lol

Sounds like a waste of money, and the extra time to me. You put buying a ls1 in a camaro next to a v6 and adding power vs money. I am pretty sure the better and smarter way to go would be to buy a ls1. Am i not correct?

PRove me wrong. lol

Really depends what you consider smarter. It takes resources to tune and fab a turbo v6 platform, but you'll surpass the LS power output (without a power adder). If you started with a V6 fbod,you'd save by not having to purchase a T56, wiring harness, computer, etc.. If you want to go 10s, the rear end/suspension are going to be similar in both builds.

If you had the choice between the two, you'd certainly be correct. The only thing a V6 car has going for it would be the insurance rates, but that would only apply to younger drivers.

Ok.. 2 things.

I got 500$ that says I know 1 v6 powered f-body on the board that would drag your car down the 1320 :)

You seen what my monte did in a FWD platoform. A comodore supercharger snout i think is all you need to put it on a Camaro.