Looking for good used car lifts...

vwjeff

anybody know were to get them here in Columbus. New or used, it does not matter. I just need a lift.

A buddy of mine was telling me about a company on the eastside that sells them but he didnt know the name. I guess they buy old one's from shops that are worn out and they rebuild them :confused:

Anyone have some info on this place or places like them?

Thanks,

jeff

maybe i'm just a little 'extra safe' but i would not be looking into buying a rebuilt shop lift, or even buying a used one. just pick up one of the muscle car trader mag's from a gas station and look in the back. there's tons of ads on every kind of lift you could imagine--from poor quality to great quality. i've taken care of people who have ended up partially underneath a car when whatever they had holding it up let go, and it isn't pretty--and those are the lucky people. this is an area not to cut corners on.

maybe i'm just a little 'extra safe' but i would not be looking into buying a rebuilt shop lift, or even buying a used one. just pick up one of the muscle car trader mag's from a gas station and look in the back. there's tons of ads on every kind of lift you could imagine--from poor quality to great quality. i've taken care of people who have ended up partially underneath a car when whatever they had holding it up let go, and it isn't pretty--and those are the lucky people. this is an area not to cut corners on.

I disagree, my used Challenger lift is made better than a lot of these new lifts. A few years ago I had 8 used lifts for sale and were built better than a lot of these new ones. The older Challenger, Rotary and Benwil lifts are still good lifts for the money.

I disagree, my used Challenger lift is made better than a lot of these new lifts. A few years ago I had 8 used lifts for sale and were built better than a lot of these new ones. The older Challenger, Rotary and Benwil lifts are still good lifts for the money.

you definately know a shit ton more than me about lifts. but in my next house, i will still buy a new one