Movie Review: "No Country For Old Men"

TimTaylor751647545500

"No Country For Old Men" - 4.5/5 stars

Saw this film last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed how dark it is. The Coen brother's writing cracks me up and this one was no different. Some of the more funny parts to me may not be as funny to you, but I have a pretty dry, dark sense of humor. Javier Bardem's character is one that actually makes you feel a bit uncomfortable because he's so evil and pretty much has no emotion. Without giving too much of the film away, the reason I didn't give this one 5 stars was because of how lacking one of the main character's end comes about. A movie filled with good cast that will leave you kinda wanting a bit more (since the ending is somewhat abrupt). The movie is set in the 80's, so you get to see quite a few older cars, clothing styles, and phrases that were popular then.

Will definitely be added to the DVD collection when the time comes.

I guess I'm one of the few who didn't care for the movie that much. It was rather slow building, and I was waiting for the big climactic ending. That ending never came..and I was really shocked when the credits started rolling.

:(

It sounds like you didn't get it.

Also, Tim, the reason for the scene that you were disappointed in was necessary. Chigurh was a symbol of fate, and Bell was someone who thought he could change the world. That's also what the speech in the end is about, inability to confront your ultimate fate. Moss was a person who just took things as they came. The movie is full of symbolism and references to those traits of each character. I saw it twice within days of each other and can't wait to see it again. 5 out of 5 from me.