WOW Question

TTQ B4U

anyone know more about using a cable card for HD through WOW?

we have a 32" LCD in the bedroom that I had upgraded to HD but it uses a box and component cables. There's no DVR there, so I'd like to get rid of the box and use a card instead. WOW people never mentioned this, but it just dawned on me today.......

insight appreciated.

I have one for my Bedroom LCD. You get all your HD channels DiscHD, ESPNHD, HDNET, ect. If you have HBO and all that you will get those too. The music Channels work too(Channels in the 500s). You will not get a guide or on-demand through a card. I like our card for our bedroom TV the TV has no wires showing and is mounted on the wall.

Our 52inch LCD has a DVR, DVD, and Receiver attached.

Cool. I have mine wall mounted now too and have the wires concealed in the wall through a PVC channel that I put in a few months back when we bought the TV.

Basically I cut the wall and installed the pipe and then re-drywalled over it, leaving one round opening behind the TV which channels all the wiring for the TV,and the other directly down below behind the baseboard.

I notched out the wall behind the baseboard over to the power / cable outlets which I had put in side by side in one modular box, ran both cables reinstalled the Baseboard with just a couple nails. The wires come through the baseboard through a notch I cut into it. Very clean install.

Wires from my DVD Player and cable box enter through the lower opening and up to the TV. They run behind the baseboards to that opening but they don't go too far as the DVD PLayer and cable box are inside an entertainment center right below the TV.

Our entertainment center is actually a Zoe buffet from Arhaus :D We use the drawers for clothing and the components and DVDs, etc.. are in the cabinets.

http://shop.arhaus.com/prodimg/collections/enlarged/all/ZOE.jpg

I have one for my Bedroom LCD. You get all your HD channels DiscHD, ESPNHD, HDNET, ect. If you have HBO and all that you will get those too. The music Channels work too(Channels in the 500s). You will not get a guide or on-demand through a card. I like our card for our bedroom TV the TV has no wires showing and is mounted on the wall.

Our 52inch LCD has a DVR, DVD, and Receiver attached.

Yeah, they work. I hate them, but they work. Many times they are a PITA to get working.

If your TV doesn't have some way to d/l guide info, you won't have any.

They tune SLOWLY. They all do, regardless of what brand of equipment you have. They aren't bi-directional either, so you can't order any PPV or use VOD with them.

Luckily, in about 2 years all the M-card stuff will be popular, which should resolve all these stupid issues regular cable cards deal with.